This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day, Norwegian Air has launched a sale with fares from North America to Ireland starting at just $99 one-way.
Flights can be booked from March 30 to June 23 — prime time to check out the Irish countryside at its greenest. Passengers looking to visit Ireland at a low price can fly from either Stewart International Airport (SWF) outside of New York City, T.F. Green International Airport (PVD) in Providence, RI, and Hamilton International Airport (YHM) outside of Toronto, Canada, to Ireland’s three major airports: Dublin (DUB), Shannon (SNN) and Cork (ORK).
If you find yourself disembarking in Shannon or Cork — you don’t have to rush to Dublin to have a good time. Head to Cork City to check out the famous medieval Blarney Castle, or perhaps check out the sea cliffs of the Dingle Peninsula, which is rumored to have the best shellfish in the entire country.
All fares are for one-way travel. The sale starts today and ends on St. Patrick’s Day. And since Norwegian has been showing some signs of financial turmoil recently, make sure to book these flights and accommodations with a credit card that offers extensive trip protection.
Book your lucky fare on the Norwegian website, here. You can use its low-fare calendar to search for the cheapest dates.
Cost: $99+ one-way, $251 round-trip
Travel Dates: March 30 to June 23, 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance), Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are the routes you can book:
New York Stewart (SWF) to Dublin (DUB) for $99 nonstop one-way:
New York Stewart (SWF) to Shannon (SNN) for $99 nonstop one-way:
Providence, Rhode Island (PVD) to Dublin (DUB) for $99 nonstop one-way:
Providence, Rhode Island (PVD) to Shannon (SNN) for $99 nonstop one-way:
Providence, Rhode Island (PVD) to Cork (ORK) for $99 nonstop one-way:
Toronto, Canada (YHM) to Dublin (DUB) for $159 nonstop one-way:
New York Stewart (SWF) to Shannon (SNN) for $251 round-trip nonstop:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by ©Marco Bottigelli via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards