Deal Alert: Northeastern US to Ireland From $99 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day, Norwegian Air has launched a sale with fares from North America to Ireland starting at just $99 one-way.
Flights can be booked from March 30 to June 23 — prime time to check out the Irish countryside at its greenest. Passengers looking to visit Ireland at a low price can fly from either Stewart International Airport (SWF) outside of New York City, T.F. Green International Airport (PVD) in Providence, RI, and Hamilton International Airport (YHM) outside of Toronto, Canada, to Ireland’s three major airports: Dublin (DUB), Shannon (SNN) and Cork (ORK).
If you find yourself disembarking in Shannon or Cork — you don’t have to rush to Dublin to have a good time. Head to Cork City to check out the famous medieval Blarney Castle, or perhaps check out the sea cliffs of the Dingle Peninsula, which is rumored to have the best shellfish in the entire country.
All fares are for one-way travel. The sale starts today and ends on St. Patrick’s Day. And since Norwegian has been showing some signs of financial turmoil recently, make sure to book these flights and accommodations with a credit card that offers extensive trip protection.
Book your lucky fare on the Norwegian website, here. You can use its low-fare calendar to search for the cheapest dates.
Cost: $99+ one-way, $251 round-trip
Travel Dates: March 30 to June 23, 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are the routes you can book:
New York Stewart (SWF) to Dublin (DUB) for $99 nonstop one-way:
New York Stewart (SWF) to Shannon (SNN) for $99 nonstop one-way:
Providence, Rhode Island (PVD) to Dublin (DUB) for $99 nonstop one-way:
Providence, Rhode Island (PVD) to Shannon (SNN) for $99 nonstop one-way:
Providence, Rhode Island (PVD) to Cork (ORK) for $99 nonstop one-way:
Toronto, Canada (YHM) to Dublin (DUB) for $159 nonstop one-way:
New York Stewart (SWF) to Shannon (SNN) for $251 round-trip nonstop:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by ©Marco Bottigelli via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.