Deal Alert: Flights to Europe From $232 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year). Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Flights to popular European vacation destinations such as Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Paris and London have dropped to as low as $232 round-trip. Some of these fares are even nonstop and available as soon as September, but it varies by route. While we saw great deals to Italy last week, the deal from New York (JFK) to Rome (FCO) this week is even better, but unfortunately that’s the only one.
Not all route combinations are discounted, so you may have to play around with your destination city to see what’s pricing low. Since these flights are so cheap, you could consider adding on another city to your trip by flying one of .Europe’s many low-cost carriers.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airline British Airways, American, Iberia, Delta, Air France, Corsair, United
Routes: BOS/JFK/PHL/MCO/MIA/LAX to MAD/BCN/FCO/ORY/CDG/LGW/LHR/BRU
Cost: $232 round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: September 2019 – April 2020 (varies by route)
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Madrid (MAD) for $232 round-trip on Iberia:
New York (JFK) to Barcelona (BCN) for $242 round-trip on Delta:New York (JFK) to Rome (FCO) for $265 round-trip on Delta: New York (JFK) to Madrid (MAD) for $273 round-trip on American:
New York (JFK) to Paris (ORY) for $274 round-trip on Air France:
New York (JFK) to London (LGW) for $308 round-trip on British Airways:
Los Angeles (LAX) to London (LHR) for $330 round-trip on American:
Orlando (MCO) to London (LHR) for $338 round-trip nonstop on American:
Miami (MIA) to Paris (CDG) for $343 round-trip on Corsair:Los Angeles (LAX) to Barcelona (BCN) for $348 round-trip on United:
Miami (MIA) to Barcelona (BCN) for $371 round-trip on Delta: Philadelphia (PHL) to Brussels (BRU) for $397 round-trip on American:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Jacek Kadaj/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.