Deal Alert: Flights From Across the US to Colombia From $223 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
There’s never a bad time to visit Colombia, so when there are low fares to get there, you jump on. That time is now, as we’re currently seeing flights from major cities across the US including Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Miami (MIA), New York (JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX) and Phoenix (PHX) to Bogotá (BOG), Cartagena (CTG) and Medellín (MDE) from $223 round-trip. The low fares are being offered by COPA, JetBlue and Viva Air and are available from September through December 2019.
If you’re looking for something to do while you’re in Colombia, check out Brian Kelly’s vlog episodes from his recent trip to the country. And to learn how to best optimize your points to book a hotel, check out our guide on using points and miles in Colombia.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline, Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: COPA, JetBlue, Viva Air
Routes: ATL/DCA/FLL/JFK/LGA/MCO/MIA/PHX/SAN to BOG/MDE/CTG
Cost: $223+ round-trip
Travel Dates: September — December 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Cartagena (CTG) for $223 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
Miami (MIA) to Bogotá (BOG) for $235 round-trip on Viva Air in basic economy:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Medellín (MDE) for $248 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
New York (LGA) to Medellín (MDE) for $361 round-trip on JetBlue:
New York (JFK) to Bogotá (BOG) for $374 round-trip on JetBlue:
Washington, DC (DCA) to Bogotá (BOG) for $374 round-trip on JetBlue:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Bogotá (BOG) for $390 round-trip on JetBlue:
Phoenix (PHX) to Medellín (MDE) for $405 round-trip on JetBlue:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Medellín (MDE) for $406 round-trip on COPA:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases to pay the taxes and fees, such as the Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Starcevic / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees