Deal alert: Flights to London from $350
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
England’s capital is home to landmarks such as Big Ben, the Tower of London and the Palace of Westminster. If you’re interested in London’s history, there are deals to be had to explore this city. Tap Air Portugal is offering flights to Gatwick Airport (LGW) for as low as $350 round trip for travel in the fall.
SecretFlying was the first to publish this deal to London, available from October to November.
Airline: Tap Air Portugal
Routes: IAD/MIA/ORD/SFO to LGW
How to book: Directly through the airline or through Google Flights
Travel dates: October — November
The deals below are for economy tickets on TAP Air Portugal, which include a standard seat and carry-on. A checked bag will cost about $80, depending on currency conversion rates. The offers below include flying to and from London’s Gatwick Airport, which is further from the city than London’s Heathrow Airport (LHR). The deals also include a stop in Lisbon each way.
One of the most affordable fares is from New York (JFK) to London (LGW) for $350 round trip. The return flight allows for a full day in Lisbon (LIS) with almost a 28-hour layover.
Flights from Washington, D.C. (IAD) to London (LGW) are $407 round trip. There is also a layover of nearly 28 hours on the return flight in Lisbon (LIS). According to Google Flights, this flight is $300 cheaper than usual for the dates below.
Flights from Chicago (ORD) to London (LGW) are $424 round-trip. The deal below is for the end of October, but flights at this price are scattered throughout October and November.
If you’re traveling from the West Coast, you can fly from San Francisco (SFO) to London (LGW) for $494 round trip, according to Google Flights.
Flights from Miami (MIA) to London (LGW) are $520 round-trip. This price is over $250 cheaper than usual for the dates in November below.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
From staying in beautiful hotels like the new NoMad London hotel and the Kimpton Fitzroy to consuming fish and chips and exploring the city through the tube, this major European metropolis has a lot to enjoy. Jump on these deals to London, and you’ll be on a pub crawl in no time.
Featured image by Scott E Barbour/GettyImages.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees