Deal alert: Round-trip flights to Germany for as low as $405
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Germany is known as the land of poets and thinkers, and unofficially known as the land of beer and sausage. No wonder it’s a top destination for tourists to travel to in Europe. American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair and Lufthansa are offering good deals under $500 round-trip throughout the year.
Scott’s Cheap Flights, which offers a premium membership starting at $49 a year for alerts on discounted fares, alerted us to this deal. These offers are available from February to December, depending on the route. The cheapest rates are from airports on the East Coast.
Airline: American, British Airways, Finnair and Lufthansa
Routes: CLT/EWR/JFK/LGA to BER/BRE/FRA/HAM/MUN/NUE
How to book: Directly through the airline or through Google Flights
Travel dates: February — December (depending on route)
The following deals are for basic economy seats on American, Finnair and Lufthansa, which include a standard seat and carry on. A checked bag, seat selection and any ticket changes will cost extra. All of the deals below are under $500 round-trip.
The cheapest deal we found was from New York (JFK) to Berlin (BER) for $405 round-trip on Finnair. There is a short stop in Helsinki (HEL) each way.
You can travel to Munich (MUC) from New York (LGA) for as low as $426 round-trip on American Airlines. There are layovers in Charlotte (CLT) each way.
On Lufthansa, there are direct flights from Newark (EWR) to Frankfurt (FRA) for $420 round-trip. These fares are widely available.
You can also fly from Newark (EWR) to Hamburg (HAM) for $476 round-trip on British Airways with stops in London (LHR) on the departure and return flights.
If you’re traveling from Charlotte (CLT), you can go to Nuremberg (NUE) for $461 round-trip and Bremen (BRE) for $480 round-trip. Each route has stops in Munich (MUN) each way. Both of these deals are widely available in the fall.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Whether you want to travel to Germany’s capital, take in the historical sights of Bremen or see stunning castles and towers in Munich, Germany is not a destination to miss out on. Get in on this deal and plan your trip to this exceptional European destination.
Featured photo by Westend61/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees