Deal Alert: Atlanta to Europe From $444 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11 p.m. Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Flights from Atlanta (ATL) to various European cities have dropped as low as $451 round-trip. Most of these deals are to Italian cities including Milan (MXP), Rome (FCO) and Venice (VCE) — but we’re also seeing deals to Paris (CDG) and Amsterdam (AMS). We don’t often see international deals like this out of Atlanta and many TPG readers have requested us to post deals from Delta’s fortress hub, so if you’ve been waiting for a deal like this then today’s your lucky day.
Amsterdam, Paris and Rome are great base cities if you’re looking to explore other nearby countries as you can typically snag a cheap flight or train from all three. However, it’s worth noting that if you plan to do this, pack light or be prepared to pay extra as these low-cost carriers will charge extra for oversized and additional baggage. As for train travel, it’s always easier when traveling lighter but there will likely be less fees if you choose this option.
All of these low fares are in each airline’s version of basic economy, so you’ll have to pay additional fees to check a bag and select seats ahead of time, and may not be eligible for upgrades.
Many of these low fares are available as soon as October, but you’ll have to play around with the dates and routes on Google Flights to see what fits your travel plans.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: Air Canada, United, American, Lufthansa, Delta
Routes: ATL to AMS/MXP/FCO/VCE/CDG/NAP/FLR
Cost: $451 round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: October 2019 – February 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $444 round-trip on Delta:
Atlanta (ATL) to Milan (MXP) for $462 round-trip on United:
Atlanta (ATL) to Rome (FCO) for $477 round-trip on American:
Atlanta (ATL) to Venice (VCE) for $481 round-trip on United:
Atlanta (ATL) to Paris (CDG) for $482 round-trip on Air Canada:
Atlanta (ATL) to Naples (NAP) for $490 round-trip on United:
Atlanta (ATL) to Florence (FLR) for $507 round-trip on Lufthansa:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Sharon Lapkin / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.