Deal alert: Flights to Chicago starting at $118
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re in the mood for some deep-dish pizza or a trip to Portillo’s hot dogs, then this deal to the Windy City could be for you. American Airlines and JetBlue Airways are offering round-trip flights under $200 to Chicago from major cities in the U.S.
Scott’s Cheap Flights, which offers a premium membership that alerts readers to discounted fares for $49 a year, first reported this deal. This fare to Chicago is available for travel from March of this year to January 2023.
Airlines: American and JetBlue
Routes: ATL/DFW/JFK/LAX/MIA to ORD
How to book: Directly through the airlines or through Google Flights
Travel dates: March 2022 — Jan 2023
The deals below are for Blue Basic seating on JetBlue, which only includes a standard seat and personal item that can be stowed under the seat. A checked bag, seat selection and other extras will cost a fee. The deals on American Airlines are for main cabin tickets, which include a seat, carry-on and seat selection.
One of the cheapest deals we found was for a direct flight from Miami (MIA) to Chicago (ORD) in early June for $118 round-trip.
Nonstop flights from Atlanta (ATL) to Chicago (ORD) are widely available throughout much of the year at $138 round-trip. This itinerary is a nonstop flight in August.
Travelers can fly to Chicago (ORD) from New York (JFK) on JetBlue for $158 round-trip. Deals at this price are offered throughout the summer. The example below is for a trip in July.
You can book a short, direct flight from Dallas (DFW) to Chicago (ORD) for $188 round-trip. Flights at this price are available throughout May and June.
There is limited availability for flights from Los Angeles (LAX) to Chicago (ORD) for $192 round-trip in April and May. The deal we found was in May. The departure is a nonstop flight and the return includes a stop in Denver (DEN).
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel. JetBlue cardholders can use the JetBlue Plus Card for 6 points per dollar on eligible JetBlue purchases, the JetBlue Card for 3 points per dollar or the JetBlue Business Card for 6 points per dollar.
The information for the JetBlue Card, the JetBlue Plus Card, the JetBlue Business Card and the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
There is no better time to enjoy Chicago than in the summer, but you can take advantage of this deal for travel up until the beginning of 2023. Because this deal has travel dates into next year, you can explore the city no matter what the season is.
Featured image by Bob Krist/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees