Deal alert: Flights to Cancun starting under $200
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With warm, sunny weather and beautiful beaches, it’s no surprise that tourists flock to Mexico all year round. American, Delta and Aeromexico are offering cheap round-trip flights from major U.S. cities to Cancun.
Sign up for our daily newsletter for more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox.
Airlines: Aeromexico, American and Delta.
Routes: ATL/JFK/LAX/MIA/ORD to CUN.
How to book: Directly through the airlines or through Google Flights.
Travel dates: February-April.
The deals below are for basic economy, which includes a standard seat and carry-on. A checked bag and seat selection will cost extra.
The least expensive deal we found was from Miami (MIA) to Cancun (CUN) for $194. This fare includes a departure on Aeromexico with a stop in Mexico City (MEX), and the return flight is on Delta with a stop in Atlanta (ATL).
Travelers can go from Chicago (ORD) to Cancun (CUN) on a nonstop flight via American Airlines for $187 round-trip.
From the end of March to the beginning of April, you can snag a direct flight for $210 on American Airlines from New York (JFK) to Cancun (CUN).
Delta offers nonstop flights from Atlanta (ATL) to Cancun (CUN) for $242 round-trip. The offer below is for the beginning of March, but the deal is widely available.
Direct flights from Los Angeles (LAX) to Cancun (CUN) are available for $287 round-trip on Delta.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
You can escape the winter blues or kick off spring with a deal to Cancun. Don’t miss out on enjoying this popular vacation spot on the Caribbean coast in Quintana Roo.
Featured photo by Raul Garcia Herrera/EyeEm/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees