Deal alert: Business class award space to Helsinki, Stockholm and beyond
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re looking to experience one of Europe’s best business-class products, listen up.
Oneworld carrier Finnair currently has widespread business class award space available to Helsinki Airport (HEL) and Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN) for this summer and fall. However, even if neither of those cities is on your radar, you can use this availability to connect elsewhere in Europe, such as Berlin, Munich or Paris.
We’re seeing the most availability out of New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), but there are also a good amount of seats available out of Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW).
You can book these awards for just 57,500 miles and $5.60 in taxes and fees through American Airlines AAdvantage. Or, if you’re looking to redeem your transferable points, you can book through Cathay Pacific Asia Miles for 61,000 plus about $180 in taxes and fees.
Asia Miles is a transfer partner of American Express Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou Rewards and, soon, Bilt. Meanwhile, Alaska Mileage Plan charges 70,000 miles but offers a free stopover in Finnair’s hub.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Routes: DFW/JFK/ORD to/from ARN/HEL
Cost: From 57,500 miles + $5.60 taxes and fees one-way in business class
Dates: July through December 2022
Pay taxes/fees with: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline; on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar on travel) for travel protections on the award flight.
New York (JFK) to Helsinki (ARN) one-way in July
New York (JFK) to Stockholm (ARN) one-way in August
Chicago (ORD) to Helsinki (ARN) one-way in July
Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) to Helsinki (ARN) one-way in October
Maximize your purchase
When paying the taxes and fees on your award ticket, be sure to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare and offers travel protection in case anything goes wrong. Cards that fit the bill include The Platinum Card® from American Express, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.