Emirates deal alert: Nonstop flights to Europe have dropped to $371 R/T
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
How would you like to fly to Europe on a four-star airline?
We’re seeing deals from New York (JFK) and Newark (EWR) to Milan (MXP) and Athens (ATH) starting at just $371 round-trip on Middle East carrier Emirates. Even better: the deals are nonstop. We’re seeing the best deals through Momondo, so make sure to play around with dates and prices there first.
We first spotted the deals to Milan at Airfare Spot.
Emirates has a great economy class with comfortable seats, stellar entertainment, delicious food, and first-class service, as TPG’s Javi Rodriguez wrote earlier this year. Both routes are what’s known as “fifth-freedom routes,” or flights that an airline operates between two countries that are not its home country. The New York-JFK to Milan (MXP) route is operated by the carrier’s flagship Airbus A380 aircraft, and the other is from Newark (EWR) to Athens (ATH) on a Boeing 777-300ER. Both flights continue on to Dubai after stopping in Europe to load and unload passengers.
To search, head to Momondo and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA.
Routes: JFK/EWR – MXP/ATH
Cost: $371+ round-trip in economy
Dates: January – May 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline and comes with a $550 annual fee. See rates & fees), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline and comes with a $250 annual fee. See rates & fees.) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) for $371 round-trip nonstop via Momondo:
Newark (EWR) to Athens (ATH) for $409 round-trip nonstop via Momondo:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Nicky Kelvin / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.