Deal alert: Delta One business class to Tokyo from 90,000 SkyMiles round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta One award flights are currently on sale from just 90,000 SkyMiles round-trip to Tokyo, as first reported by Thrifty Traveler. The cheapest routes originate out of the West Coast although sweet-spot fares are available nationwide, and the lowest-fare dates appear to fall on Thursdays between mid-March and late June. This includes a few routes featuring the A350 and A330neo Delta One Suites, the retrofitted all-suites business-class cabins where each seat has its own closing door for privacy.
According to our Delta One Suites guide, the carrier operates Delta One Suites on the following routes between Tokyo and the U.S.:
- Atlanta (ATL) to Tokyo Narita (NRT), DL 295/DL 296 (to NRT thru March 27, 2020, then to HND thereafter)
- Detroit (DTW) to Tokyo Narita, DL 275/DL 276 (to NRT thru March 27, 2020, then to HND thereafter)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo Haneda (HND), DL 7/DL 8
- Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) to Tokyo Haneda, DL 120/DL 121
Airbus A330-900 neo
- Seattle (SEA) to Tokyo Narita, DL 166/DL 167 (route ending March 27, 2020)
As you can see, your best bet for scoring a Delta One Suites deal is to fly from Los Angeles or Minneapolis, especially after March 27.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
While the published list contains quite a few origin cities, it’s always a good idea to check your route separately, as Delta is known for leaving many deals unadvertised.
To search, plug in your origin airport atalong with one of the sale destinations mentioned below. We recommend using Delta’s “Flexible Dates” calendar, and making sure to check “shop with miles” when looking at search results.
TPG values each SkyMile at 1.2 cents, so 90,000 miles represents a cash equivalent of just $1,080 — a phenomenal redemption considering comparable prices can reach up to $20,000 round-trip. If you’re in need of SkyMiles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Delta at a 1:1 ratio.
Routes: LAX/SEA/MSP and more to TYO (NRT/HND)
Cost: 90,000+ SkyMiles round-trip in Delta One, plus taxes and fees
Travel Dates: March to June 2020
Pay taxes and fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or amextravel.com) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles to Tokyo Narita for 90,000 miles + $61 in taxes and fees round-trip in Delta One (return leg in Delta One Suites):
Seattle to Tokyo Haneda for 90,000 miles + $61 in taxes and fees round-trip in Delta One:
Minneapolis/St. Paul to Tokyo Narita, returning from Tokyo Haneda, for 114,000 miles + $61 in taxes and fees round-trip in Delta One:
Related: How to redeem Delta SkyMiles
Boosting your SkyMiles balance
There are a variety of ways to earn Delta miles — from Delta-operated flights to trips on SkyTeam airlines to various non-travel partners. However, one of the best ways to boost your SkyMiles balance to score a few free trips is by adding one of these cards to your arsenal:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 75,000-point welcome bonus after you use your new card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first six months of account opening, though be sure to check the CardMatch Tool to see if you’re targeted for a 100,000-point welcome bonus after spending $5,000 in the first three months (offer subject to change at any time). You can transfer Membership Rewards points directly to Delta SkyMiles. Terms Apply.
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: Earn 85,000 points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Terms Apply.
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card: 45,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. Terms Apply.
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card: Earn 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
Featured photo by Matteo Colombo/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.