Deal Alert: Business Class Flights to Europe From 13,500 Miles One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
At the beginning of June, Air France/KLM’s Flying Blue mileage program ditched standard region-based award charts for a new flexible mileage calculator based on origin and destination. And the only way of describing the new program is illogical.
And that’s on full display today. Flying Blue’s new Promo Rewards discounts went live Monday morning, offering 50% off business class flights between Seattle (SEA) and Europe. The trouble is, the flights from Seattle to Europe are pricing at 75% off while the flights from Europe to Seattle don’t seem to be discounted. This opens spectacularly cheap business class awards between Seattle and Europe starting at just 13,250 miles one-way.
Airline: Air France, KLM
Routes: Seattle (SEA) to Europe
Cost: From 13,250 miles plus taxes/fees starting at $240 one-way
Dates: November 30, 2018 to January 30, 2019
Booking Link: Flying Blue
Seattle (SEA) to Dublin (DUB) in business class for 13,250 Flying Blue Miles and $241:
Seattle (SEA) to Budapest (BUD) in business class for 13,250 Flying Blue Miles and $240:
Seattle (SEA) to Madrid (MAD) in business class for 13,250 Flying Blue Miles and $240:
Seattle (SEA) to Prague (PRG) in business class for 13,250 Flying Blue Miles and $240:
Seattle (SEA) to Rome (FCO) in business class for 13,375 Flying Blue Miles and $240:
Seattle (SEA) to Amsterdam (AMS) in business class for 14,500 Flying Blue Miles and $240:
How To Book
To book these awards, you’re going to need Flying Blue miles. Don’t worry if you don’t have any yet; Flying Blue is a 1:1 transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards (instant transfer), Citi ThankYou Points (instant transfer) and American Express Membership Rewards (instant transfer). Once you have the miles in your Flying Blue account, you can book awards through Flying Blue‘s online award search tool.
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by SeanPavonePhoto / Getty Images
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees