Deal Alert: Widespread Flights to London and Paris From $277 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year). Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
If you’ve been planning a trip to London or Paris and your dates are flexible, read no more. That’s because we’re seeing solid availability from cities across the US such as Miami (MIA), Boston (BOS) and Chicago (ORD) from October through the middle of 2020. Many routes are nonstop and start at just $277 round-trip. Scott’s Cheap Flights first reported the deals to Paris.
Keep in mind that all tickets are in basic economy, which means different things to different airlines, but generally means that you’ll pick your seat at check-in and board last. However, we’ve written before about how to defeat basic economy by using a co-branded credit card.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: American Airlines, Air Canada, British Airways, Delta, Virgin Atlantic, United
Routes: BOS/JFK/EWR/LAX/SEA/SFO/DEN/MIA/ORD to London Gatwick (LGW), Heathrow (LHR) and Paris CDG
Cost: $277+ round-trip in Basic Economy
Dates: October 2019 – June 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Paris (CDG) for $277 round-trip nonstop on American:
New York (JFK) to London Gatwick (LGW) for $307 round-trip nonstop on British Airways basic economy:
New York (JFK) to London Heathrow (LHR) for $329 round-trip on British Airways basic economy:
Los Angeles (LAX) to London Heathrow/Gatwick (LHR/LGW) for $331 round-trip on American Airlines / British Airways basic economy:
Boston (BOS) to London (LHR) for $345 roundtrip nonstop on Virgin Atlantic:
San Francisco (SFO) to London Heathrow (LHR) for $380 round-trip on United basic economy:
Chicago (ORD) to London (LHR) for $385 round-trip nonstop on United:
San Francisco (SFO) to Paris (CDG) for $397 round-trip nonstop on United:
Miami (MIA) London (LHR) for $406 round-trip nonstop on British Airways:
Seattle (SEA) to London (LHR) for $414 roundtrip nonstop on Virgin Atlantic:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Additional reporting by Benji Stawski.
Featured image by IR_Stone via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.