Deal Alert: Widespread Flights to London and Paris From $277 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been planning a trip to London or Paris and your dates are flexible, read no more. That’s because we’re seeing solid availability from cities across the US such as Miami (MIA), Boston (BOS) and Chicago (ORD) from October through the middle of 2020. Many routes are nonstop and start at just $277 round-trip. Scott’s Cheap Flights first reported the deals to Paris.
Keep in mind that all tickets are in basic economy, which means different things to different airlines, but generally means that you’ll pick your seat at check-in and board last. However, we’ve written before about how to defeat basic economy by using a co-branded credit card.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: American Airlines, Air Canada, British Airways, Delta, Virgin Atlantic, United
Routes: BOS/JFK/EWR/LAX/SEA/SFO/DEN/MIA/ORD to London Gatwick (LGW), Heathrow (LHR) and Paris CDG
Cost: $277+ round-trip in Basic Economy
Dates: October 2019 – June 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Paris (CDG) for $277 round-trip nonstop on American:
New York (JFK) to London Gatwick (LGW) for $307 round-trip nonstop on British Airways basic economy:
New York (JFK) to London Heathrow (LHR) for $329 round-trip on British Airways basic economy:
Los Angeles (LAX) to London Heathrow/Gatwick (LHR/LGW) for $331 round-trip on American Airlines / British Airways basic economy:
Boston (BOS) to London (LHR) for $345 roundtrip nonstop on Virgin Atlantic:
San Francisco (SFO) to London Heathrow (LHR) for $380 round-trip on United basic economy:
Chicago (ORD) to London (LHR) for $385 round-trip nonstop on United:
San Francisco (SFO) to Paris (CDG) for $397 round-trip nonstop on United:
Miami (MIA) London (LHR) for $406 round-trip nonstop on British Airways:
Seattle (SEA) to London (LHR) for $414 roundtrip nonstop on Virgin Atlantic:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Additional reporting by Benji Stawski.
Featured image by IR_Stone via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees