Deal alert: Visit Charleston, South Carolina for as low as $97 nonstop
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Few cities have perfected the art of southern hospitality like Charleston, South Carolina. The Palmetto State’s largest city is steeped in history and is a great place for a trip that combines cultural exploration with incredible culinary opportunities.
This deal features discounted fares from normal prices, with many nonstop flights available for under $100. It’s worth noting that the Breeze, JetBlue, and United tickets do not include a full-size carry-on. You’ll find availability from now until April 2022, but the sale does not include Christmas and New Year’s.
Want your TPG news delivered straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter
Thanks to our friends Scott’s Cheap Flights for tipping us off to this deal, which they first sent out to their premium subscribers.
Non-members can find sale prices by using Google Flights to search for desired routes and dates.
Airlines: American, Breeze, Delta, JetBlue, United
Routes: BWI/CAK/CLE/CMH/EWR/LGA/LAX/MIA/MSY/PIT and other cities to Charleston, SC (CHS)
Cost: From $97 round-trip
Dates: December-April 2022; limited availability.
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
JetBlue has nonstop fares in December from New York City (JFK) to Charleston for just $97. It’s a Blue Basic fare, which means you don’t get a free carry-on. Still, these prices are more than 50% less than usual and will likely rise in the next few days.
Savvy travelers who only need a carry-on bag for quick getaways should consider upgrading to Blue for just $50. Checking a bag on a Blue Basic fare will cost you $60 on this ticket, but upgrading your ticket gets you the free carry-on and actually saves you $10.
Delta has NYC-Charleston nonstop Basic Economy fares for just $117 in February. That comes with the free carry-on bag.
Breeze Airways has $82 nonstop fares available for travel in March from Columbus, Ohio (CMH) to Charleston.
Delta has Detroit (DTW) to Charleston Basic Economy nonstop tickets for just $179 round-trip. That’s nearly 50% less than this fare usually sells for.
Breeze also has nonstop Pittsburgh (PIT) to Charleston flights in March priced at $82 round-trip.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, like The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
Remember to allow yourself some flexibility to book the best price and also to work on your packing skills. Being able to travel light can definitely save you money. And when you get to Charleston, save some room for the barbecue and the shrimp and grits!
Featured image by Traveler1116 for Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees