Round-trip flights to Vancouver starting at $200 from West Coast and New York City
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s Friday, which means it’s time to celebrate a deal!
Round-trip flights to Vancouver, British Columbia, on a variety of carriers are starting at just $200. This deal is especially good for our West Coast flyers, but there’s also availability out of New York City.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airlines: Air Canada, United Airlines, WestJet, Delta Air Lines, Alaska Airlines and JetBlue.
Routes: Denver; Honolulu; Kahului, Maui; Las Vegas; New York City; Palm Springs, California; San Francisco; Orange County, California; Seattle; and Los Angeles to Vancouver.
How to book: Search Google Flights and book directly through the airline.
Travel dates: May-December; exact availability depends on the route and some include Thanksgiving.
Book by: One to two days.
Shoutout to Scott’s Cheap Flights for alerting us to this deal. Premium members can get flight deals up to 90% off for $49 per year, or you can try the Elite membership for $199 per year to receive the Premium deals plus premium economy, business-class and first-class alerts.
This deal features flights to Vancouver International Airport (YVR) from New York City’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and nine West Coast airports, including Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), Denver International Airport (DEN) and Palm Springs International Airport (PSP), ranging from $202-$370 round-trip.
Available fares include departures from:
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO), starting at $202.
- Palm Springs International Airport (PSP), starting at $209.
- San Diego International Airport (SAN), starting at $222.
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), starting at $224.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), starting at $225.
- Kahului Airport (OGG), starting at $256.
- Harry Reid International Airport (LAS), starting at $260.
- Denver International Airport (DEN), starting at $264.
- John Wayne Airport (SNA), starting at $290.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), starting at $295.
To search this deal, head to Google Flights and enter your home airport as your origin and YVR as your destination. From there, you’ll find economy flights on various carriers, such as this round-trip flight from LAX-YVR on Air Canada in mid-October for $230.
For Air Canada specifically, tickets are for the standard economy fare type, which includes a full-size carry-on but charges $60 for checked luggage round-trip.
East Coast-based travelers could also take advantage of this opportunity to go to British Columbia, though the cheapest flights include JetBlue’s Blue Basic fare at least one way. This could potentially be a deal breaker for some since Blue Basic only includes one personal item that can fit under the seat in front of you.
Any full-size carry-on bag brought to the gate will incur a $65 fee to be checked. In this case, it would be more economical to pay $26 to upgrade to Blue to travel with a full-size carry-on.
The best return flight is flying Alaska’s Saver fare, which means you wouldn’t have to worry about paying more for carry-on baggage because it’s included, as illustrated below.
Note that it will cost between $30 and $35 each way to check your first bag for the lowest fares on the other included carriers.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Prestige® Card (5 points per dollar on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar on travel). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
This deal is particularly fortuitous for those flying out of big airports on the West Coast, though the deal includes flights from one smaller airport — John Wayne Airport (SNA). New York City-based travelers can also get in on the fun for a slightly higher price tag.
Be sure to book quickly to explore Vancouver, one of Canada’s most beautiful cities, all year-round.
Featured photo by Ron Watts/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.