This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
If you’re a Delta or United flyer and looking for a mileage run route at a terrific rate, or you’re just interested in visiting Ecuador, this deal is perfect for you. Right now we’re seeing wide-open award availability between a handful of US cities and Quito (UIO) and Guayaquil (GYE). The very best prices are out of New York City (JFK), but you can also find deals under $1,150 from Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA) and Orlando (MCO).
Google Flights doesn’t display this deal on Aeromexico, so you may need to click through to Aeromexico’s website or an online travel agency like Orbitz or Expedia to see prices, or use ITA Matrix and Book with Matrix.
Note that Ecuador will begin requiring proof of health insurance for visitors beginning July 22, 2018, so make sure you have proof of existing insurance, or check out our guide to third-party travel insurance to purchase a travel insurance policy before you go.
Airline: Aeromexico, Copa
Routes: JFK/MCO/LAX/MIA to UIO/GYE
Cost: $722+ round-trip in business class
Dates: August-December 2018, February-March 2019
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
New York (JFK) to Quito (UIO) on Copa for $726 round-trip in business:
New York (JFK) to Quito (UIO) on Copa for $726 round-trip in business class during Thanksgiving:
New York (JFK) to Quito (UIO) on Aeromexico for $835 round-trip in business (weekend mileage run):
New York (JFK) to Quito (UIO) on Aeromexico for $835 round-trip in business:
New York (JFK) to Quito (UIO) on Aeromexico for $835 round-trip in business during Halloween:
Orlando (MCO) to Quito (UIO) on Copa for $1,048 round-trip in business during Thanksgiving
Los Angeles (LAX) to Quito (UIO) on Aeromexico for $1,093 round-trip in business during Thanksgiving:
Miami (MIA) to Guayaquil (GYE) on Copa for $1,124 round-trip in business:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: Rene’s Points
Featured image by Mashpi Lodge.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees