Deal Alert: Premium economy flights to Africa have dropped to $1,093 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Earlier this week, we published cheap economy fares to North Africa. Now we’re seeing similar deals in premium economy from around the US, including New York (JFK), Washington (IAD) and San Francisco (SFO) to North Africa. The deals include cities like Marrakech (RAK), Cairo (CAI) and Conakry (CKY). The deals are generally available from October to March 2020 on airlines such as Air France, Aeroflot and Lufthansa.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: Air France, Lufthansa, Aeroflot
Routes: JFK/IAD/ORD/SFO/LAX/BOS – CKY/RAK/CMN/CAI/ALG
Cost: $1,093+ round-trip in premium economy
Dates: October – March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Chicago (ORD) to Algiers (ALG) for $1,093 round-trip on Lufthansa via United:
New York (JFK) to Casablanca (CMN) for $1,097 on Air France via Delta:
San Francisco (SFO) to Algiers (ALG) for $1,105 round-trip on Lufthansa via United:
Boston (BOS) to Casablanca (CMN) for $1,147 round-trip on Air France via Delta:
Washington (IAD) to Marrakech (RAK) for $1,213 round-trip on Lufthansa via United:
New York (JFK) to Cairo (CAI) for $1,286 round-trip on Aeroflot:
New York (JFK) to Conakry (CKY) for $1,297 round-trip on Air France:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of John Walker via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.