This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
If you’re looking to fly to North Africa this year or next, today might be your lucky day. That’s because we’re seeing deals from US cities like New York (JFK), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA) and more to North African cities like Algiers (ALG), Marrakech (RAK) and Casablanca (CMN).
While some deals are on full-service carriers, many are on Norwegian and EasyJet. Keep in mind that these two budget carriers limit how much luggage you can bring on board, and you’ll have to pay for perks such as drinks and snacks. Also, keep in mind that some of the itineraries include long layovers in cities like Rome (FCO) or two stops. We first spotted the deals to Morocco on full-service carriers at Scott’s Cheap Flights.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: Delta, Air France, Alitalia, Norwegian, EasyJet, Air Canada, Lufthansa, KLM
Routes: IAD/JFK/BOS/LAX/MIA/ORD/CLT/DFW/PHL/PHX/FLL to RAK/ALG/AGA/CMN
Cost: $413+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September – May 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Marrakech (RAK) for $413 round-trip on Norwegian and EasyJet:
New York (JFK) to Agadir (AGA) for $485 round-trip on Norwegian and EasyJet:
Charlotte (CLT) to Marrakech (RAK) for $492 round-trip on Delta/KLM/Transavia:
Miami (MIA) to Casablanca (CMN) for $496 round-trip on Alitalia (long layover in Rome):
Los Angeles (LAX) to Marrakech (RAK) for $542 round-trip on Norwegian and EasyJet:
Washington (IAD) to Algiers (ALG) for $566 round-trip on Air Canada and Lufthansa:
Chicago (ORD) to Algiers (ALG) for $575 round-trip on Alitalia:
Boston (BOS) to Algiers (ALG) for $580 round-trip on Delta and Air France:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Max Libertine / Unsplash
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees