Deal alert: Flights to Morocco and Algeria have dropped to $413 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
If you’re looking to fly to North Africa this year or next, today might be your lucky day. That’s because we’re seeing deals from US cities like New York (JFK), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA) and more to North African cities like Algiers (ALG), Marrakech (RAK) and Casablanca (CMN).
While some deals are on full-service carriers, many are on Norwegian and EasyJet. Keep in mind that these two budget carriers limit how much luggage you can bring on board, and you’ll have to pay for perks such as drinks and snacks. Also, keep in mind that some of the itineraries include long layovers in cities like Rome (FCO) or two stops. We first spotted the deals to Morocco on full-service carriers at Scott’s Cheap Flights.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: Delta, Air France, Alitalia, Norwegian, EasyJet, Air Canada, Lufthansa, KLM
Routes: IAD/JFK/BOS/LAX/MIA/ORD/CLT/DFW/PHL/PHX/FLL to RAK/ALG/AGA/CMN
Cost: $413+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September – May 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Marrakech (RAK) for $413 round-trip on Norwegian and EasyJet:
New York (JFK) to Agadir (AGA) for $485 round-trip on Norwegian and EasyJet:
Charlotte (CLT) to Marrakech (RAK) for $492 round-trip on Delta/KLM/Transavia:
Miami (MIA) to Casablanca (CMN) for $496 round-trip on Alitalia (long layover in Rome):
Los Angeles (LAX) to Marrakech (RAK) for $542 round-trip on Norwegian and EasyJet:
Washington (IAD) to Algiers (ALG) for $566 round-trip on Air Canada and Lufthansa:
Chicago (ORD) to Algiers (ALG) for $575 round-trip on Alitalia:
Boston (BOS) to Algiers (ALG) for $580 round-trip on Delta and Air France:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Max Libertine / Unsplash
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.