Deal alert: JetBlue flights on various US routes from $20 one-way
Aching for a last-minute getaway? JetBlue is currently running a flash sale with fares as low as $20 one-way.
Many of these fares are available over Valentine’s weekend, so you could surprise a loved one with two tickets to explore some place new. I don’t know about you, but I’ll take a plane ticket over a box of chocolates or flowers any day.
Beyond the flash sale, JetBlue also has some other pretty great low-fare options available. For instance, you can fly round-trip from Washington DC (DCA) to Ft. Myers (RSW) in February for $156 round-trip.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
To find a deal, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an online travel agency (OTA) like Orbitz or Expedia.
Here’s a summary of what’s available:
Routes: Various U.S. routes
Cost: $20+ one-way
Dates: January – February 2020
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), the Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), the Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), the American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are some examples of specific flights that are available:
Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) for $20 one-way nonstop on JetBlue:
Long Beach (LGB) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $20 one-way nonstop on JetBlue:
Savannah (SAV) to Boston (BOS) for $30 one-way nonstop on JetBlue:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Buffalo (BUF) for $30 one-way nonstop on JetBlue:
New Orleans (MSY) to New York (JFK) for $40 one-way nonstop on JetBlue:
Maximize your purchase
Use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the American Express® Gold Card, the Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.