Deal alert: Flights to Italy have dropped to $288 R/T
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
We love flight deals to Italy, and we’re seeing bargain prices to Rome (FCO) and Milan (MXP). Flights from cities like New York (JFK), San Francisco (SFO) and Miami (MIA) have dropped to as low as $288 round-trip on major carriers like TAP, Emirates and Lufthansa.
We first spotted the deals to Rome at Dollar Flight Club.
Note that some tickets are in basic economy, which means you won’t be able to pick your seats ahead of time or check bags. The deals are available for select dates in January and February 2020 if you want to beat the spring and summer crowds, and again from September – November.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: TAP Portugal, Lufthansa, American, Iberia, British Airways, Emirates
Routes: JFK/BOS/PHL/ORD/SFO/MIA – FCO/MXP
Cost: $288+ round-trip in economy
Dates: Select dates January – February 2020, September – November 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Rome (FCO) for $288 round-trip on TAP Portugal:
San Francisco (SFO) to Rome (FCO) for $299 round-trip on TAP Portugal:
Boston (BOS) to Rome (FCO) for $337 round-trip on Lufthansa:
Chicago (ORD) to Rome (FCO) for $361 round-trip on American Airlines and British Airways in basic economy:
Miami (MIA) to Milan (MXP) for $368 round-trip on TAP Portugal via GoToGate:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Rome (FCO) for $374 round-trip on American, British Airways and Iberia in basic economy:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) for $408 round-trip nonstop on Emirates:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.