Deal alert: Flights to Italy have dropped to $288 R/T
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
We love flight deals to Italy, and we’re seeing bargain prices to Rome (FCO) and Milan (MXP). Flights from cities like New York (JFK), San Francisco (SFO) and Miami (MIA) have dropped to as low as $288 round-trip on major carriers like TAP, Emirates and Lufthansa.
We first spotted the deals to Rome at Dollar Flight Club.
Note that some tickets are in basic economy, which means you won’t be able to pick your seats ahead of time or check bags. The deals are available for select dates in January and February 2020 if you want to beat the spring and summer crowds, and again from September – November.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: TAP Portugal, Lufthansa, American, Iberia, British Airways, Emirates
Routes: JFK/BOS/PHL/ORD/SFO/MIA – FCO/MXP
Cost: $288+ round-trip in economy
Dates: Select dates January – February 2020, September – November 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Rome (FCO) for $288 round-trip on TAP Portugal:
San Francisco (SFO) to Rome (FCO) for $299 round-trip on TAP Portugal:
Boston (BOS) to Rome (FCO) for $337 round-trip on Lufthansa:
Chicago (ORD) to Rome (FCO) for $361 round-trip on American Airlines and British Airways in basic economy:
Miami (MIA) to Milan (MXP) for $368 round-trip on TAP Portugal via GoToGate:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Rome (FCO) for $374 round-trip on American, British Airways and Iberia in basic economy:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) for $408 round-trip nonstop on Emirates:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees