Deal Alert: Flights to Iceland From $323 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been dreaming of exploring the Icelandic countryside or relaxing in the iconic Blue Lagoon, now’s the time to do it, because fares have dropped as low as $323 round-trip.
While you used to be able to snag a much better deal, low prices to Iceland have not been so common since the demise of low-fare airline WOW Air. If you’re looking for recommendations and tips on traveling in Iceland, check out these guides:
- Mistakes to Avoid When Traveling in Iceland
- The Best Times to Visit Iceland
- 10 Icelandic Springs That Are Better Than the Blue Lagoon
All of these fares are available in Icelandair and American basic economy, so you’ll have to pay extra to pick your seats and check any baggage.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: Icelandair, American
Routes: ORD/EWR/BOS/MCO/MSP/DEN/SFO/SEA/PDX to KEF
Cost: $323+ round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: September 2019-May 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Chicago (ORD) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $323 round-trip on Icelandair:
New York (EWR) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $363 round-trip on Icelandair:
Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $363 round-trip on Icelandair:
Orlando (MCO) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $365 round-trip on American:
Minneapolis (MSP) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $423 round-trip on Icelandair:
Denver (DEN) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $423 round-trip on Icelandair:
Portland (PDX) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $423 round-trip on Icelandair:
Seattle (SEA) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $423 round-trip on Icelandair:
San Francisco (SFO) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $466 round-trip on Icelandair:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo courtesy of Roberto Serrini.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.