Deal Alert: Flights to Florida (Including Disney World-Orlando) Just Dropped to $44 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
If you’ve been waiting to book your flights to the happiest place on earth — Disney World that is — or elsewhere in Florida, now’s the time. American, Delta, JetBlue and United are currently offering flights to Orlando (MCO), Miami (MIA) and Fort Lauderdale (FLL) from major cities across the US, such as Atlanta (ATL), Chicago (ORD) New York (LGA), Boston (BOS) and Los Angeles (LAX), among others, from just $44 one-way.
Aside from those offered by JetBlue, all of the lowest fares book into basic economy, meaning added fees and more restrictions in return for the attractive price. Fortunately, you can combat some of the negative aspects of basic economy by using your airline elite status or a carrier’s co-branded credit card. But if you want to upgrade to standard economy, you can do so for as little as $15 one-way.
To search, head to Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Routes: ATL/BOS/BNA/CLT/DCA/DEN/DTW/EWR/IAH/JFK/LAX/LGA/PHL to/from MCO/MIA/FLL
Cost: $44+ one-way in economy
Dates: July – December 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) for $44 one-way nonstop on JetBlue:
Washington D.C. (DCA) to Orlando (MCO) for $54 one-way nonstop in American basic economy:
Chicago (ORD) to Miami (MIA) for $57 one-way nonstop in American basic economy:
New York (LGA) to Orlando (MCO) for $58 one-way nonstop in Delta basic economy:
New York (LGA) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $58 one-way nonstop in Delta basic economy:
Boston (BOS) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $58 one-way nonstop on JetBlue:
Houston (IAH) to Miami (MIA) for $60 one-way nonstop in American basic economy:
Detroit (DTW) to Orlando (MCO) for $88 one-way nonstop in Delta basic economy:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Orlando (MCO) for $93 one-way nonstop in Delta basic economy:
Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) for $89 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
Boston (BOS) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $117 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Ryan Wendler / Walt Disney World.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees