Deal Alert: Flights to Florida (Including Disney World-Orlando) Just Dropped to $44 One-Way
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
If you’ve been waiting to book your flights to the happiest place on earth — Disney World that is — or elsewhere in Florida, now’s the time. American, Delta, JetBlue and United are currently offering flights to Orlando (MCO), Miami (MIA) and Fort Lauderdale (FLL) from major cities across the US, such as Atlanta (ATL), Chicago (ORD) New York (LGA), Boston (BOS) and Los Angeles (LAX), among others, from just $44 one-way.
Aside from those offered by JetBlue, all of the lowest fares book into basic economy, meaning added fees and more restrictions in return for the attractive price. Fortunately, you can combat some of the negative aspects of basic economy by using your airline elite status or a carrier’s co-branded credit card. But if you want to upgrade to standard economy, you can do so for as little as $15 one-way.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Routes: ATL/BOS/BNA/CLT/DCA/DEN/DTW/EWR/IAH/JFK/LAX/LGA/PHL to/from MCO/MIA/FLL
Cost: $44+ one-way in economy
Dates: July – December 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) for $44 one-way nonstop on JetBlue:
Washington D.C. (DCA) to Orlando (MCO) for $54 one-way nonstop in American basic economy:
Chicago (ORD) to Miami (MIA) for $57 one-way nonstop in American basic economy:
New York (LGA) to Orlando (MCO) for $58 one-way nonstop in Delta basic economy:
New York (LGA) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $58 one-way nonstop in Delta basic economy:
Boston (BOS) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $58 one-way nonstop on JetBlue:
Houston (IAH) to Miami (MIA) for $60 one-way nonstop in American basic economy:
Detroit (DTW) to Orlando (MCO) for $88 one-way nonstop in Delta basic economy:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Orlando (MCO) for $93 one-way nonstop in Delta basic economy:
Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) for $89 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
Boston (BOS) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $117 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Ryan Wendler / Walt Disney World.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.