Deal alert: US cities to Europe from $450 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You may be a step closer to Europe, now that American, Delta and United have announced round-trip fares to major cities in Europe starting at $450. With departure cities across the U.S., travel is available from Dec. 2021 to May 2022.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Thanks to our friends at Thrifty Traveler, you can find many nonstop round-trip flights from New York (JFK), Chicago (ORD) and Miami (MIA) to European cities such as Amsterdam (AMS) London (LHR), Madrid (MAD), Paris (CDG) and many more.
Fares are basic economy which includes a free carry-on but no seat assignment.
Airlines: American Airlines, United, Delta
Routes: LAX/SFO/DFW/IAH/BOS/EWR/JFK/DCA/IAD/ATL/MIA/ORD and more to Amsterdam (AMS), Barcelona (BCN), London (LHR), Madrid (MAD), Paris (CDG), Milan (MXP), Rome (FCO), and others.
Cost: Roundtrip airfare from $450 to $500 and up depending on the city.
Dates: Dec. 2021-May 2022
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Major departure cities below (and many more) are included in roundtrip fare to European destinations below:
- New York City (JFK)
- Washington, D.C. (IAD)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Chicago (ORD)
- San Juan (SJU)
- Miami (MIA)
- Newark (EWR)
- Boston (BOS)
- Houston (IAH)
On United’s site, the calendar for the end of February throughout March shows affordable round-trip flights from Washington D.C (IAD) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $450.
Delta is offering round-trip flights from Atlanta (ATL) to Rome (FCO) for $552. A Feb.27 departure and return date of Mar.9 gives you the lowest price.
On Google Flights, we found a nonstop economy flight roundtrip for $481 from New Jersey’s Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) to Heathrow Airport (LHR) in London.
American Airlines has roundtrip basic economy seats for $568 from Miami (MIA) to Paris (CDG) at the end of February compared to other dates that month which go for upwards of $1,000.
How to Book
Go to the American, Delta or United official sites or Google Flights and search round-trip from a major departure city in the U.S. to one of the European cities on sale for the travel window of December 2021-May 2022. You should be on your way to exploring Europe at a steal.
Featured image by V_E/Shutterstock.com
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees