Deal alert: Book top Boston hotels for 75% off
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Among the 20 hottest travel destinations of 2020 is Boston. It’s shaking off its reputation as a city overrun by college students and is home to a lot more than just baseball, baked beans and that Boston accent. More than 2,200 hotel rooms have been added in the past year, with more than 2,700 more to open by 2021. With new flights coming from American Airlines, JetBlue, Delta and Europe-based Level, it’s also becoming a lot more accessible.
Still, it’s one of the most expensive cities in the U.S. to book a hotel. Room rates at midscale Boston hotels can easily hit $300 or more per night during popular seasons, with rooms at luxury properties costing double or triple that. Fortunately, you don’t actually need to spend that much to visit Beantown.
Tons of four- and five-star Boston hotels, such as the Encore Boston Harbor, The Liberty Luxury Collection Hotel and YOTEL Boston are currently offering rooms from just $71 per night (plus taxes and fees). The low rates are available throughout the city’s low season, which runs through February.
Note that while most of the discounted hotels do not, a few of the hotels such as the Hyatt Regency charge an extra $20-$25 per night in “resort” or “destination fees” — an unfortunate new trend in the city.
Your best bet for finding the cheapest dates is using the calendar tool on Google Hotels. If you don’t find low rates for dates that work with you, there are a number of great properties you could book stays at using points. Just be sure not to make these mistakes when you’re there.
Hotels: Hyatt Regency Boston, Moxy Boston Downtown, The Liberty Luxury Collection Hotel, W Boston and more
City: Boston (BOS)
Cost: $71+ per night, plus taxes and fees
Dates: December 2019 – February 2020
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x points on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x points on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
YOTEL Boston for $71 per night, plus taxes and fees, in January via Hotels.com:
Moxy Boston Downtown for $92 per night, plus taxes and fees, in February:
citizenM Boston North Station for $99 per night, plus taxes and fees, in December via Hotels.com:
Hyatt Regency Boston for $106 per night, plus taxes and fees, in January:
Boston Omni Parker House Hotel for $107 per night, plus taxes and fees, in December via Hotels.com:
Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall for $113 per night, plus taxes and fees, in January:
Hyatt Centric Faneuil Hall Boston for $119 per night, plus taxes and fees, in December via Hotels.com:
Encore Boston Harbor for $129 per night, plus taxes and fees, in January via Hotels.com:
The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel for $131 per night, plus taxes and fees, in January:
W Boston for $140 per night, plus taxes and fees, in December:
Related: The best hotel credit cards of 2019
Featured image courtesy of the Encore Boston Harbor.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees