Deal alert: Book top Boston hotels for 75% off
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Among the 20 hottest travel destinations of 2020 is Boston. It’s shaking off its reputation as a city overrun by college students and is home to a lot more than just baseball, baked beans and that Boston accent. More than 2,200 hotel rooms have been added in the past year, with more than 2,700 more to open by 2021. With new flights coming from American Airlines, JetBlue, Delta and Europe-based Level, it’s also becoming a lot more accessible.
Still, it’s one of the most expensive cities in the U.S. to book a hotel. Room rates at midscale Boston hotels can easily hit $300 or more per night during popular seasons, with rooms at luxury properties costing double or triple that. Fortunately, you don’t actually need to spend that much to visit Beantown.
Tons of four- and five-star Boston hotels, such as the Encore Boston Harbor, The Liberty Luxury Collection Hotel and YOTEL Boston are currently offering rooms from just $71 per night (plus taxes and fees). The low rates are available throughout the city’s low season, which runs through February.
Note that while most of the discounted hotels do not, a few of the hotels such as the Hyatt Regency charge an extra $20-$25 per night in “resort” or “destination fees” — an unfortunate new trend in the city.
Your best bet for finding the cheapest dates is using the calendar tool on Google Hotels. If you don’t find low rates for dates that work with you, there are a number of great properties you could book stays at using points. Just be sure not to make these mistakes when you’re there.
Hotels: Hyatt Regency Boston, Moxy Boston Downtown, The Liberty Luxury Collection Hotel, W Boston and more
City: Boston (BOS)
Cost: $71+ per night, plus taxes and fees
Dates: December 2019 – February 2020
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x points on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x points on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
YOTEL Boston for $71 per night, plus taxes and fees, in January via Hotels.com:
Moxy Boston Downtown for $92 per night, plus taxes and fees, in February:
citizenM Boston North Station for $99 per night, plus taxes and fees, in December via Hotels.com:
Hyatt Regency Boston for $106 per night, plus taxes and fees, in January:
Boston Omni Parker House Hotel for $107 per night, plus taxes and fees, in December via Hotels.com:
Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall for $113 per night, plus taxes and fees, in January:
Hyatt Centric Faneuil Hall Boston for $119 per night, plus taxes and fees, in December via Hotels.com:
Encore Boston Harbor for $129 per night, plus taxes and fees, in January via Hotels.com:
The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel for $131 per night, plus taxes and fees, in January:
W Boston for $140 per night, plus taxes and fees, in December:
Related: The best hotel credit cards of 2019
Featured image courtesy of the Encore Boston Harbor.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.