Deal Alert: Flights to Asia From $548 in Economy or $897 in Premium Economy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Singapore Airlines is drumming up more users for its mobile app in a unique way: launching app-only flight deals. We are seeing a number of routes priced $100+ cheaper through the app than what’s showing up on Google Flights, online travel agencies (OTAs) or even the airline’s own website. Even better, all of these flights are nonstop.
It’s not just Singapore Airlines’ economy product that’s on sale. Singapore is also offering excellent rates for its premium economy product.
Unfortunately, Singapore Airlines’ new nonstop route from Newark (EWR) to Singapore (SIN), beginning in October — the longest nonstop flight in the world — isn’t included in these app-only deals.
All of the economy deals book into “Economy Lite” — which include two free checked bags, but can’t be upgraded and only earn 50% miles. Seat selection costs $20 per seat. The premium economy deals book into “Premium Economy Standard” which includes two free checked bags, free seat selection, 100% mileage earnings and can be upgraded with miles.
Airline(s): Singapore Airlines
Route: LAX/SFO/JFK/IAH to NRT/HKG/FRA/MAN
Cost: $548+ round-trip in economy or $897+ round-trip in premium economy
Dates: Outbound from January 10 to May 31. Cheapest outbound on Monday-Thursday.
Booking Link: Singapore Airlines mobile app (App Store, Google Play)
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) nonstop in economy for $548 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Hong Kong (HKG) nonstop in economy for $548 round-trip:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Frankfurt (FRA) nonstop in economy for $648 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Hong Kong (HKG) nonstop in premium economy for $897
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Frankfurt (FRA) nonstop in premium economy for $1,097 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) nonstop in premium economy for $1,197 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Getty Images.
H/T: God Save The Points
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees