Deal alert: Book a tropical escape on Alaska Air for $79 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Wishing summer would never end and already dreaming about your next tropical vacation? We’ve got the inside scoop on an Alaska Airlines tropical destinations sale starting today, with one-way flights under $100 to places like Hawaii, Mexico and Costa Rica.
Flights are available from Sept. 23-Nov. 17 from several cities, including Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle, to all of the tropical destinations Alaska Air services, starting at just $79 one-way.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airline: Alaska Airlines.
Routes: LAX/SEA/SFO/SAN to SJD/TPA/OGG/KOA and others.
Cost: From $79 for select routes.
Dates: Book for travel between Sept. 23 and Nov. 17.
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
“Travelers can book their sun-filled getaways on alaskaair.com (no discount code required),” says the airline. “The sale begins tomorrow (9/8) at 6 p.m. PT and runs through 11:59 p.m. PT on Sept. 10, 2021. The savings are good for main cabin travel from Sept. 23 – Nov. 17, 2021 (NO BLACKOUT DATES!).”
Examples of one-way flights available in this deal include:
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Los Cabos, Mexico (SJD), for $79.
- Seattle (SEA) to Tampa (TPA) for $79.
- San Fransisco (SFO) to Kahului, Hawaii (OGG), for $89.
- San Diego (SAN) to Kona, Hawaii (KOA), for $89.
“Want to upgrade your remote working view? Dreaming of a beach getaway as cooler weather sets in?” asks the airline. “Ready to finally check Costa Rica off your travel bucket list? Now’s the chance.”
This major sale is for Alaska’s main cabin fare at saver fare prices, which means you can pay the same amount or less for an upgraded fare class and receive seat selection and general boarding, along with upgraded benefits for Mileage Plan elite members. Plus, Alaska eliminated change fees in 2020 for its main and first-class fares, so you can book this deal now and change later if need be.
For fares that would normally run you from $114-$439 each way from both the West and East coasts to places like Costa Rica, Hawaii, Mexico and Florida, this deal is not to be missed. It’s only around for two days, so get your computers ready and act fast!
Featured photo courtesy of Alaska Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees