Deal alert: Save up to 30% on Alaska Airlines flights for travel from Aug. 30-Nov. 17
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alaska Airlines is giving you all the incentive you need to get your fall travel on the books. The airline is having a sale where you can score up to 30% off coach fares or 10% off first-class bookings to all destinations it serves (excluding Prudhoe Bay, Alaska). This includes such sun-baked locations as Hawaii, Mexico and Costa Rica.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Book your fall flights
As summer winds down, this offer is meant to entice travelers to figure out where they want to go for some R&R in the fall. The fare sale only lasts until Wednesday, Aug. 18, for travel between Aug. 30 and Nov. 17.
As you might expect, some of the best deals are for flights that originate at the airline’s home base in Seattle. But considering no one has more flights from the West Coast than Alaska Airlines, we found several fares from other key cities the carrier serves.
Airline: Alaska Airlines.
Routes: SEA to MIA/JFK/ANC/LIH; LAX to SJD/HNL; SFO to SJO; PDX to LIR; and more.
Cost: From $82 one-way (with saver restricted fares) using discount code FUTURE.
Dates: Book until Aug. 18 for travel between Aug. 30 and Nov. 17.
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
As mentioned, some of the best bargains involve travel that begins in Seattle.
Seattle (SEA) to Miami (MIA) from $128 one-way
Seattle (SEA) to New York City (JFK) nonstop from $88 one-way
There are lots of great prices to fly from Seattle to NYC this fall without having to make a connection. The best prices are through Alaska’s saver restricted fares, but we want to remind you that it’s their basic economy tier and comes with a lot of restrictions. If you prefer more flexibility, you can upgrade to main cabin on the departing flight for just $45 more, and $35 to upgrade on the return flight.
Two other notable routes out of Seattle we wanted to let you know about involve Anchorage, Alaska, and Lihue, Hawaii.
Seattle (SEA) to Anchorage (ANC) nonstop from $82 one-way
Seattle (SEA) to Kauai (LIH) nonstop from $213 one-way
If you call Los Angeles home, here are two fares to consider.
Los Angeles (LAX) to Cabo San Lucas (SJD) nonstop from $85 one-way
Los Angeles (LAX) to Honolulu (HNL) nonstop from $98 one-way
If you’re in Portland and have been thinking about a trip to Costa Rica to enjoy the surfing and fishing, then this deal should be on your radar.
Portland (PDX) to Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR), from $183 one-way
Once again, the very best price is with Alaska’s saver restricted fares, but for as little as $36, you could upgrade to the more flexible main cabin tier.
How to book
Visit Alaska Airlines’ website and input your desired departure and destination cities. Use the calendar function to search dates and prices that work for you. I spent a good amount of time looking up prices, but the best advice I can give you about this is to not hesitate about a price you find on the date you want. Otherwise, you risk tickets being scooped up if you wait too long to lock it in.
Remember, the fare sale ends Wednesday night, Aug. 18, so start planning that trip!
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier Card (3x on air travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express Gold Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
You can also pay with discounted Alaska Airlines gift cards.
Featured photo courtesy of Alaska Air.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees