Wide-open business-class fares to Colombia from $600 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been wanting to visit Colombia — and do it flying business class at that — we have a deal for you, with business-class flights to Cali, Bogota, Cartagena, Medellin and Pereira starting at just $555 round-trip for select routes.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airlines: Delta, LATAM and American.
Routes: New York, Atlanta, Washington, Pittsburgh, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Austin, Miami, Los Angeles and others to Cali, Bogota, Cartagena, Medellin and Pereira.
How to book: Directly through the airline sale page.
Travel dates: May-June 2022 and September 2022-January 2023; exact dates and availability depend on the route.
Book by: Two-three days.
This sweet deal is courtesy of our friends at Scott’s Cheap Flights, which sends deals up to 90% off via its Premium membership, which users can try for free for 14 days and then for $49 per year. You can also upgrade to the Elite tier for $199 per year and receive all the Premium deals plus premium economy, business-class and first-class alerts.
As is usually the case, the best availability for these round trip flights to each Colombian city is out of JFK, though you will find a wide range of departing cities to each, including:
- Miami to Bogota, starting at $589.
- New York City to Cartagena, starting at $592.
- New York City to Medellin, starting at $597.
- New York City to Bogota, starting at $623.
- Miami to Bogota, starting at $633.
- New York City to Pereira, starting at $718.
- Miami to Cali, starting at $742.
- Miami to Medellin, starting at $747.
- Miami to Pereira, starting at $748.
- Charlotte to Bogota, starting at $758.
- Washington, D.C., to Bogota, starting at $760.
- Washington, D.C., to Cartagena, starting at $776.
- San Juan to Medellin, starting at $778.
- Greensboro, North Carolina, to Cartagena, starting at $800.
- Boston/Washington, D.C., to Pereira, starting at $801.
- Baltimore to Cali, starting at $805.
To search any of the included flights, start by searching your origin and destination city via Google Flights, as shown below with this round-trip flight in late October from New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to Bogata’s El Dorado International Airport (BOG) for $633 on American Airlines.
In this deal, you’ll find fares for business class, the offerings of which vary by airline. For example, this class on American Airlines includes premium seating, priority boarding, free changes, seat selection and carry-on and checked luggage (up to one and two bags, respectively).
Although the fares in this deal vary by route, this one specifically is nearly 70% off its usual price tag of $2,000. In fact, the other routes included in this deal are all usually $2,000 for a business-class ticket, which makes the discounted prices in the $500, $600 and $700 range a pretty stellar deal.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Prestige® Card (5 points per dollar on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar on travel). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Colombia is a spectacular country with everything from beaches to jungles to thriving cities to explore. The U.S. dollar is strong right now, too, which makes it a good deal once you’re on the ground. These flight prices can’t be beaten. Based on a test search for this story, prices have already begun creeping up, likely because it’s an uncommon price point for business-class fares. That means you should book ASAP so you don’t miss out.
Featured photo of Bogota by Clint Henderson/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees