Deal alert: A Caribbean getaway to Sint Maarten under $300 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve seen videos of crowds planespotting on a beach and wondered what that would be like, we have a deal for you. The Caribbean island of Sint Maarten is one of the world’s most famous locations for that activity. This offer from JetBlue will help you experience the rush of planespotting (or the tranquility of simply relaxing on the sand) for under $300 round-trip.
Want your TPG news delivered straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
The deal was first reported by our friends at Scott’s Cheap Flights and is available in January and February 2022.
Airline: JetBlue Airways.
Routes: ATL/EWR/JFK/FLL/ORD to SXM.
How to book: Directly through JetBlue or via Google Flights.
Travel dates: January-February 2022.
The following deals on JetBlue are for Blue Basic seats, which allow you a personal item. You will pay extra for seat selection and a carry-on bag. The fee for a checked bag is $35 on domestic flights.
If you’re on the East Coast, you’ll appreciate this chance to leave the winter weather behind. Fares of $226.69 are available from New York (JFK) and Newark (EWR) in January and February.
Floridians looking for a different type of beach scenery can fly round-trip from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to SXM for $228.69.
We also found some flights from Atlanta (ATL) to SXM for $277 round-trip during the month of January. The flight below makes one stop in Fort Lauderdale.
This fare from Chicago is a bit higher than the others. It’s still a great deal, considering that winter packs a strong punch in the Windy City. We found a round-trip from Chicago (ORD) to SXM priced at $308 at the beginning of January. Prices are often twice as much during the winter on this route.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel. Frequent JetBlue flyers can use the JetBlue Plus Card for 6x on eligible JetBlue purchases, the JetBlue Card for 3x on eligible JetBlue purchases or the JetBlue Business Card for 6x on eligible JetBlue purchases.
The information for the JetBlue Card, the JetBlue Plus Card, the JetBlue Business Card and the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Swim, snorkel, shop or search the skies for planes. There is no doubt that Sint Maarten is hard to resist in the winter. Take advantage of this affordable escape before seats sell out.
Featured photo by @thierrydehove.com/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees