Act fast: Buy one, get one for just taxes and fees on Alaska Airlines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just in time for holiday travel shopping, Alaska Airlines is offering a buy one, get one free promotion. You’ll just have to pay taxes and fees on the second ticket. Among the deals? You could fly between the West Coast and cities like New York or Newark for as low as $374 round-trip for two adults.
You’ll need to act fast. This deal expires at midnight on Tuesday, Dec. 7.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This is a pretty spectacular deal considering it’s valid almost anywhere Alaska flies, but you will need to book by Dec. 7, and certain days are restricted. It’s not valid on first class, sadly.
Here’s how Alaska suggests you book:
- In the booking form on this page, enter your departure and arrival cities, dates and at least two travelers.
- Travel is valid from Jan. 5-March 9, 2022.
- Travel to Florida, Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica or Belize is valid Sundays through Wednesdays.
- Travel from Florida, Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica or Belize is valid Tuesdays through Fridays.
- All other travel is valid Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Blackout dates from Feb. 18-28, 2022, apply.
- Enter “STARBUCKS” into the discount code field, and then click “Find flights” to start your search.
Some of the deals
Flights to Hawaii are already a pretty good deal for winter travel. This deal makes them even better. For example, this round-trip flight from Bozeman, Montana (BZN), to Honolulu (HNL) for two passengers:
Or how does New York (JFK) to Lihue, Hawaii (LIH), sound for just $633 round-trip for two?
Note that some of these are “Saver” fares with more restrictions, but it’s not much more for the main cabin.
Maximize your purchase
Be sure to maximize your purchase by using one of the best cards for airfare purchases, including The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or with Amex Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel).
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you have the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card or the Alaska Airlines Visa® Business card, you’ll earn 3x on eligible purchases with Alaska. That’s a decent value considering Alaska is running a status boost promotion at the moment for spending on their branded cards.
This is a great deal if you are booking a friends trip, a couples getaway or booking for your family. Snap these airfares up before they disappear.
Featured photo by Clint Henderson/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees