Deal Alert: Business Class Flights to Argentina and Brazil From $1,370 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Today we are seeing a batch of options for getting to South America in style and on the cheap. Aerolineas Argentinas, American Airlines, Avianca, COPA and LATAM are currently offering flights from Miami (MIA) and New York (JFK) to Buenos Aires (EZE), Córdoba (COR) and Rio de Janeiro (RIO) from just $1,370 round-trip in business class. These deals are available from the end of August through November, which is an ideal time to visit South America as it’ll be spring there.
All of the options list lie-flat or angle-flat seats for the long-haul segments. However, COPA’s only plane with lie-flat seats is the 737 MAX 9 so if the MAX groundings are extended, you might be stuck with a standard recliner seat.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
You’ll want to refer to wheretocredit.com to see which rewards program will award the most miles for your business class flight.
Airline: Aerolineas Argentinas, American Airlines, Avianca, COPA, LATAM
Routes: BOS/JFK/MIA/IAD to COR/EZE/GIG
Cost: $1,370+ round-trip in business
Travel Dates: August – December 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Buenos Aires (EZE) for $1,370 round-trip on COPA in business class:
Miami (MIA) to Córdoba (COR) for $1,436 round-trip nonstop on American Airlines in business class:
Miami (MIA) to Rio de Janeiro (GIG) for $1,543 round-trip on Avianca in business class:
Miami (MIA) to Buenos Aires (EZE) for $1,727 round-trip on LATAM in business class:
Miami (MIA) to Buenos Aires (EZE) for $2,063 round-trip nonstop on Aerolineas Argentinas in business class:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of JT Genter / The Points Guy.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.