Business class deal alert: Flights to Central America and Caribbean from $482 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is having an incredible sale on business class flights down to Central America and the Caribbean. Whether you want to laze away at the beach on an island paradise or take in the sights and sounds of ancient ruins, you can fly there in style starting from $482 round-trip in business class.
This deal was originally found by Scott’s Cheap Flights, which offers a premium membership that alerts readers on discounted fares starting from $49 per year for economy class deals and $199 per year for an elite membership, which also includes first, business and premium economy class deals.
Routes: JFK/ORD/DCA/SFO/LAX to GUA/SAL/NAS/ADZ/STX and more
How to book: Directly through the airlines or through Google Flights
Travel dates: March – November
The deals below are all in American Airlines business class, which includes a meal, carry-on and two checked bags. New York has the most deals but we’re seeing deals from multiple cities to Guatemala and El Salvador. When flying from New York or Los Angeles, choose itineraries flying AA’s Boeing 777 on the domestic legs to and from Miami for lie-flat seats.
We found flights in business class from New York (JFK) to Guatemala (GUA) for just $482 round-trip in early October. This price is available with reasonable layovers from September through November. You’ll find slightly higher fares around $527 on select travel dates in the spring.
Flying from Los Angeles (LAX), we were able to find business class flights to Guatemala for $534 round-trip in September. These flights include lie-flat seats on the leg between Los Angeles and Miami (MIA). Deals at this price can be found for travel between late August and November.
Travelers from the Washington area can fly from Reagan Airport (DCA) to San Salvador (SAL) for $492 round-trip. There are scattered dates available at this price between March and early June, with more availability between September and November.
If the Caribbean is more your cup of tea, you can fly from New York (JFK) to Nassau (NAS) starting from $708 round-trip on several travel dates throughout the year. You may want to pay slightly more to schedule yourself on a flight operated on a 777 for lie-flat seats between New York and Miami, such as this $720 round-trip flight in late February.
For those who want some Colombian culture mixed with Caribbean Island life, take a flight from New York (JFK) to San Andres (ADZ) for $740 round-trip in business class. We found this price available on select Tuesdays and Saturdays in May.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Business class flights to Central America and the Caribbean Islands are on sale starting from $482 round-trip. Most flights will connect in Miami, and you can find lie-flat seats on the domestic leg for select departures from New York and Los Angeles. Take advantage of this deal and kickoff your vacation with a cocktail and spacious seating on American Airlines.
Photo by Filippo Maria Bianchi/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees