Deal alert: $538 round-trip flights to Buenos Aires, save up to $1,400
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flights to Buenos Aires are on sale from just $538 round trip — up to $1,400 off of the usual price, according to Google Flights.
Argentina’s capital city has been called “the Paris of South America” for good reason. I love the stunning architecture, the late-night tango dancing, the quiet cafes, and especially merienda, the custom of enjoying afternoon tea in order to allow for hours of late-night dining. One of my favorite restaurants, Floreria Atlantico in Buenos Aires, is hidden behind a small flower shop, speakeasy-style.
Argentina’s economy has hit a downturn in the last few years, which means that the U.S. dollar is stronger than ever in Buenos Aires — you’ll have triple the buying power right now that you would have enjoyed in 2017. So stock up on delicious Argentinian wine by the case, feast guilt-free on steak and ornate desserts, book five-star hotels and explore to your heart’s content, knowing that your tourism dollars contribute to the local economy in a much-needed way.
If you’re looking to check Antarctica off of your bucket list list, Buenos Aires can be used as a gateway to Ushuaia, one of the southernmost cities in the world. This resort town, with its casinos and five-star hotels, is informally known as “the end of the world,” and many travelers flock there each year to board cruise ships bound for Antarctica.
The quickest way to get to Ushuaia is by plane, but you can also travel there by land or sea. The cheapest round-trip flights right now between Buenos Aires and Ushuaia begin at $278 round trip.
Getting to Argentina
Some of these fares are for basic economy, which means different things to different airlines, but often means you may not have free use of the overhead bins for a carry-on bag. You probably also won’t be able to select your seat, get an upgrade, or earn PQM/PQS/PQDs. However, it’s possible to defeat many of basic economy’s negative aspects by having elite status or a cobranded credit card.
To find a deal, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: American, United, Boliviana De Aviación (BoA)
Routes: IAH/DFW/SFO/MIA and more to EZE
Cost: from $538 round trip
Dates: March — October 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are some examples of specific flights that are available:
Houston (IAH) to Buenos Aires (EZE) for $538 round trip on American:
Dallas (DFW) to Buenos Aires (EZE) for $538 round trip on United:
San Francisco (SFO) to Buenos Aires (EZE) for $538 round trip on American:
Miami (MIA) to Buenos Aires (EZE) for $626 round trip on BoA via Google through CheapoAir:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees