Amazing Deal Alert: NYC to Nairobi, Kenya, for $242 Round-Trip Nonstop
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
In just a couple of days, Kenya Airways will launch its inaugural flight between Nairobi and New York’s Kennedy (JFK). And if you want to check out the brand new airline or snag an insanely cheap flight to Africa, you’re in luck. There are some incredible fares currently available when you book the flights through Kenya Airways’ partner Delta.
Per The Flight Deal, in order to search for this deal, you have to manually search dates by using the following URL and swapping in the dates you want to search:
For advanced users, the fare basis code is GLPRUS and the fare construction is:
NYC KQ NBO 61.50GLPRUS KQ NYC 61.50GLPRUS NUC 123.00 END ROE 1.00 XT 5.77YC 7.00XY 3.96XA 36.60US 5.60AY 50.00TU 6.00YQ 4.50XF JFK4.50
While you’re booking with Delta, you won’t want to credit these flights to Delta. Kenya Airways G fares don’t earn any SkyMiles, Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQM) or Medallion Qualifying Dollars (MQD). There aren’t many useful options for US travelers to credit these flights, but here are your options.
Update: I booked a flight just after posting this deal and received an email with my e-ticket three minutes after booking.
Airlines: Kenya Airways
Routes: JFK to NBO
Cost: $242+ round-trip in economy
Travel Dates: November 2018 – September 2019 — excluding holidays
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: Secret Flying
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees