Alaska Airlines flash sale with one-way flights starting at $29
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Following a flash sale a mere three days ago, Alaska Airlines is back with a one-day deal offering one-way flights starting at just $29 for select routes.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airline: Alaska Airlines.
Routes: To and from SFO/ATL/JFK/EWR/DCA/AUS/SEA/LAX/ORD/STL and others.
How to book: Directly through the airline’s sale page.
Travel dates: Feb. 1-March 9, 2022 (exact dates and availability depend on the route).
Book by: 11:59 p.m. PT on Jan. 13, 2022.
This deal is available on various Alaska Airlines routes for one-way Saver and Main fares, including:
Although advertised as a one-way flight deal, you can stack two one-way flights to make a round-trip. This round-trip flight from SFO-JFK reflects two one-way tickets priced at $69 each.
If your travel dates are flexible, search Alaska’s low-fare calendar to view the lowest available fares by date.
The fine print
Although you’ll find discounts on both Saver and Main fares, the cheapest fares available will be the Saver fares, which can be changed or canceled within 24 hours of purchase.
Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or all days within the sale time frame. Passengers are allowed one carry-on and one personal item; checked luggage starts at $30.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns points for airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Prestige® Card (5 points per dollar on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel), the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar on travel) or the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card for 3 points per dollar on eligible Alaska purchases. Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Travel must be booked in less than 12 hours, so time is of the essence!
Featured photo of the Alaska Airlines maintenance hangar at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport by George Rose/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.