One-day deal alert: 30% off flights to Alaska Airlines cities
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Happy Monday to all of us, especially Alaska Airlines flyers who can save 30% on both one-way and round-trip fares purchased online today.
The best part? Discounts are available in nearly every city Alaska Airlines serves.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airlines: Alaska Airlines.
Routes: To and from SFO/ATL/JFK/EWR/DCA/AUS/SEA/LAX/ORD/STL and others
How to book: alaskaair.com using the code TRAVEL30
Travel dates: Starting Jan. 25, 2022 (exact dates and availability depend on the route)
Book by: 11:59 p.m. PT on Jan. 10, 2022
This discount is valid on almost any Alaska Airlines route, excluding Prudhoe Bay, based on availability.
To search for this deal, enter your departure city, destination and dates of travel on Alaska’s homepage. Be sure to click on “Use discount or companion fare code” and add the Travel30 code.
From there, click Find Flights. Note that a green checkmark on a fare indicates that the 30% discount code was applied.
You’ll see that flights are available each way starting at just $67. Note that the discount code is applicable for both one-way and round-trip fares.
Click on “Taxes, fees and charges” to check that the discount code was successfully applied.
If your travel dates are flexible, search Alaska’s low fare calendar to view the lowest available fares by date.
The fine print
Although you’ll find discounts on both Saver and Main fares, the cheapest fares available will be the Saver fares, which can be changed or canceled within 24 hours of purchase.
A maximum of seven people traveling together in the same reservation can use the discount code. Dates of travel may be restricted based on routes, including travel to Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rico and Belize.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns points for airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Prestige® Card (5 points per dollar on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel), the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar on travel) or the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card for 3 points per dollar on eligible Alaska purchases. Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Travel must be booked today, Jan. 10, so get to it to save!
Featured image of an Alaska Airlines airplane at Cancun International Airport in December 2021 by Cesar Rodriguez/Bloomberg via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees