You can get $39 flights with Alaska Airlines’ fall sale
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alaska Airlines‘ fall sale is finally here, with one-way flights starting at just $39, including discounted flights to San Diego; Portland, Oregon; Seattle; Palm Springs, California; Los Angeles; Maui; and other locations.
Tickets for this deal are available through Aug. 4, 2022, for travel starting after Labor Day through early December.
With the free TPG app, you can track your progress toward your next trip, and get spending recommendations to help you reach your travel goals.
Airlines: Alaska Airlines.
Routes: To and from San Francisco/Austin/Las Vegas/Los Angeles/Maui/Palm Springs/Portland/San Diego/Washington, D.C., and others.
How to book: Directly through the airline’s sale page.
Travel dates: Sept. 6-Dec. 14, 2022. Certain blackout dates and restrictions may apply depending on the route.
Book by: 11:59 p.m. PDT on Aug. 4, 2022.
The cheapest flights in this deal start at $39 each way, though you’ll find flights that go up to $159. Flights currently available include:
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF) in California to San Diego International Airport (SAN), starting at $39.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC), starting at $49.
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) to Las Vegas’ Harry Reid International Airport (LAS), starting at $49.
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) to Palm Springs International Airport (PSP), starting at $69.
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), starting at $79.
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) to Maui’s Kahului Airport (OGG), starting at $99.
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) to Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), starting at $159.
Depending on the route, travel is restricted to certain days of the week, so be sure to double-check the parameters for your desired route before booking. Although this sale is advertised as being for one-way flights, you can stack two one-way flights to make a round trip or just book a flight one-way, depending on your travel plans.
To book this flight or any other in the deal, simply click on one of the advertised flights below or enter your destination and origin cities to search availability.
As you can see, this deal includes well-priced flights from the Bay Area to various locations, including Maui.
To verify when the $99 flights for this route are available, use Alaska’s low fare calendar to search for the lowest fares available by month.
For example, you could book two $99 flights to make a round-trip flight from Sept.15-Sept. 22 for just under $200 round trip.
As is the case with this flight, the cheapest fares available will be for Alaska’s saver fare, which as their most restrictive fare type is nonrefundable, non-changeable and doesn’t allow for priority boarding.
You can upgrade to the main cabin for more flexibility, including seat selection, for $40 each way. Travelers with saver fares can bring one full-sized carry-on item for the overhead bin and one smaller item that fits underneath the seat in front of you.
If you need more luggage, it will cost you $30 each way to check your first bag.
Be sure to search the other routes available in this deal.
Maximize your purchase
If you book this deal, use a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases. Frequent Alaska Airlines fliers should use the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card for 3 points per dollar on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases. For other cards that also earn the same amount, consider the Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on airfare) or the American Express® Gold Card (3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel). For even more earnings, try The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel), on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year or the Citi Prestige® Card (5 points per dollar on airfare). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If high airfare prices kept you home this summer — or maybe you are just itching to book your next trip this fall — this could be your sign to seize the moment and book your next flight on Alaska Airlines.
This sale ends at 11:59 p.m. PDT on Aug. 4, 2022, so be sure to book within the next three days if interested.
Featured photo by AaronP/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees