GONE: Insane deal: 200 JetBlue points from Boston to Puerto Rico, round-trip!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starting Jan. 1, 2021, earn 5x points on up to $500,000 on airfare per calendar year purchased direct or via Amex Travel with the Amex Platinum card.
Editor’s note: This deal has been pulled.
Editor’s note: The team at The Points Guy loves to travel, but now is not the time for unnecessary trips. Health officials note that the fastest way to return to normalcy is to stop coming in contact with others. That includes ceasing travel. We are publishing travel deals because we should all use this time to think about and plan our next adventures. TPG doesn’t advise booking trips for travel until the late spring or early summer – and even then be mindful of cancellation policies.
When I saw this deal, I had to do a double-take. I had to sit down, make sure I’d taken a big gulp coffee and wiped off my glasses because this deal is unbelievable. As first reported by The Flight Deal, tickets from Boston (BOS) to San Juan (SJU) are starting as low as $12 one-way. Yes — $12. That’s not all. The deals are in JetBlue’s Blue Extra class, meaning you get one carry-on bag and one personal item, advance seat selection and early boarding. So make sure you aren’t accidentally booking Blue Basic, JetBlue’s basic economy, instead.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
But wait! There’s more. If you have some spare TrueBlue points: flights one-way are starting at 100 points or 200 points round-trip. TrueBlue points are worth 1.3 cents apiece, according to TPG’s latest valuations, making a 200-point ticket worth $2.60. These deals also work in reverse, meaning you can also fly from San Juan to Boston at the same price.
A word of caution: Don’t book travel unless you fully understand the penalties around changing or canceling if the COVID-19 still situation warrants such measures in the second half of the year. TPG does not recommend leisure travel at this juncture, but we are crossing our fingers and toes for travel later in 2020.
Flight deals currently available
Boston to San Juan
Round-trip deals from Boston to San Juan are available between October and December 2020 starting at $23 or 200 TrueBlue points round-trip. There’s wide availability earlier, too, but we’d strongly advise against booking travel for before October. You’ll find the cheapest deals on Google Flights.
San Juan to Boston
The deal works in reverse from San Juan to Boston, and are also available in the later half of the year. You can also find these deals on Google Flights.
How to book
We were able to find these deals at Google Flights. You can search for flights to your destinations from multiple airports to help you spot the best deal. Or, you can search from your destination (“Where from?” field) to any gateway in the United States by typing “USA” in the “Where to?” field. You’ll get a map showing the cheapest flights.
Understand cancellation policies before buying an airline ticket
Finally, before buying any airline ticket in the current realities, understand the cancellation and rebooking policies for the carrier you book. Airlines have been adjusting their policies to be more friendly for future bookings, but what that means can vary from airline to airline, and they may differ depending on whether you used cash or miles. JetBlue was one of the first U.S. airlines to waive change and cancellation fees for new bookings in light of the coronavirus pandemic. Additionally, you’ll be able to get a refund if your flight time is changed by two or more hours.
Featured photo by Jessica Peterson/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees