Walt Disney World Will Charge Resort Guests For Overnight Parking
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Walt Disney World hotels will no longer offer complimentary parking for guests staying at the park’s resorts. Starting March 21, guests staying at a Disney World resort will be subject to pay a standard overnight fee that will be applied to their hotel bill upon check-out.
According to WDW News Today , nightly rates will vary based on hotel category. Guests staying at a value resort, which includes the All-Star hotels and Pop Century, will be charged $13 per night, while guests staying at moderate tier resorts, such as Port Orleans, will be charged $19 per night. For those looking to stay in deluxe resorts and villas, the overnight fee will be $24 per night.
Parking will remain free for the following resort guests: Disney Vacation Club members, guests with disabilities, guests attending conventions and guests of the Fort Wilderness Campsites (campsite provides a parking space for one motorized vehicle).
A Disney spokeswoman said in a statement that the policy change brings the company more in line with industry standards, according to Orlando Sentinel. Currently, Walt Disney World’s theme parks charge $22 per day per car and have a $45 preferred-parking option. Hotel guests at Disneyland hotels in California and Hawaii have been paying for parking.
Featured by Paul Hiffmeyer/Disneyland Resort via Getty Images
H/T Orlando Sentinel
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.