This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Walt Disney World hotels will no longer offer complimentary parking for guests staying at the park’s resorts. Starting March 21, guests staying at a Disney World resort will be subject to pay a standard overnight fee that will be applied to their hotel bill upon check-out.
According to WDW News Today , nightly rates will vary based on hotel category. Guests staying at a value resort, which includes the All-Star hotels and Pop Century, will be charged $13 per night, while guests staying at moderate tier resorts, such as Port Orleans, will be charged $19 per night. For those looking to stay in deluxe resorts and villas, the overnight fee will be $24 per night.
Parking will remain free for the following resort guests: Disney Vacation Club members, guests with disabilities, guests attending conventions and guests of the Fort Wilderness Campsites (campsite provides a parking space for one motorized vehicle).
A Disney spokeswoman said in a statement that the policy change brings the company more in line with industry standards, according to Orlando Sentinel. Currently, Walt Disney World’s theme parks charge $22 per day per car and have a $45 preferred-parking option. Hotel guests at Disneyland hotels in California and Hawaii have been paying for parking.
Featured by Paul Hiffmeyer/Disneyland Resort via Getty Images
H/T Orlando Sentinel
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees