Walt Disney World Will Charge Resort Guests For Overnight Parking
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Walt Disney World hotels will no longer offer complimentary parking for guests staying at the park’s resorts. Starting March 21, guests staying at a Disney World resort will be subject to pay a standard overnight fee that will be applied to their hotel bill upon check-out.
According to WDW News Today , nightly rates will vary based on hotel category. Guests staying at a value resort, which includes the All-Star hotels and Pop Century, will be charged $13 per night, while guests staying at moderate tier resorts, such as Port Orleans, will be charged $19 per night. For those looking to stay in deluxe resorts and villas, the overnight fee will be $24 per night.
Parking will remain free for the following resort guests: Disney Vacation Club members, guests with disabilities, guests attending conventions and guests of the Fort Wilderness Campsites (campsite provides a parking space for one motorized vehicle).
A Disney spokeswoman said in a statement that the policy change brings the company more in line with industry standards, according to Orlando Sentinel. Currently, Walt Disney World’s theme parks charge $22 per day per car and have a $45 preferred-parking option. Hotel guests at Disneyland hotels in California and Hawaii have been paying for parking.
Featured by Paul Hiffmeyer/Disneyland Resort via Getty Images
H/T Orlando Sentinel
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees