Walt Disney World Will Charge Resort Guests For Overnight Parking
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Walt Disney World hotels will no longer offer complimentary parking for guests staying at the park’s resorts. Starting March 21, guests staying at a Disney World resort will be subject to pay a standard overnight fee that will be applied to their hotel bill upon check-out.
According to WDW News Today , nightly rates will vary based on hotel category. Guests staying at a value resort, which includes the All-Star hotels and Pop Century, will be charged $13 per night, while guests staying at moderate tier resorts, such as Port Orleans, will be charged $19 per night. For those looking to stay in deluxe resorts and villas, the overnight fee will be $24 per night.
Parking will remain free for the following resort guests: Disney Vacation Club members, guests with disabilities, guests attending conventions and guests of the Fort Wilderness Campsites (campsite provides a parking space for one motorized vehicle).
A Disney spokeswoman said in a statement that the policy change brings the company more in line with industry standards, according to Orlando Sentinel. Currently, Walt Disney World’s theme parks charge $22 per day per car and have a $45 preferred-parking option. Hotel guests at Disneyland hotels in California and Hawaii have been paying for parking.
Featured by Paul Hiffmeyer/Disneyland Resort via Getty Images
H/T Orlando Sentinel
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee