United Introduces Chrome Extension to Earn Bonus Miles on Shopping
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United is making it easier to know when you can earn bonus miles through its MileagePlus shopping portal. The carrier has introduced a new MileagePlus Shopping Button extension for Google Chrome, which allows you to activate earning miles when doing your online shopping.
Here’s how it works. Once the extension has been installed, a notification will appear on screen when you visit an eligible MileagePlus Shopping website and there are miles to be earned from a purchase. Once you see it appear in the corner of the window, click the activate button to automatically enable the bonus mileage earning for your purchase. There, you’ll also be able to see your mileage earning on all recent purchases.
In addition to the extension’s ability to know when you’re on a site that’s eligible to earn you bonus miles, it will also let you compare bonus mileage earn rates when using a search engine. For example, if you Google “cookware sets,” the results with retailers will automatically populate with the bonus mileage earning at that particular merchant. For example, it would tell you if Target, Macy’s and Walmart are all offering 5 miles per dollar.
Alaska Airlines introduced the same Mileage Plan Shopping Button Chrome extension in February. If you’re a frequent online shopper and interested in earning United or Alaska miles, these Chrome extensions could be worthwhile to install in order to maximize your purchases.
Online shopping portals are an easy way to earn extra miles for shopping. By logging in and just clicking through an airline or bank’s shopping portal, you can earn anywhere from one, two or even dozens of extra miles per dollar spent. This is on top of the points you earn from your credit card.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees