Swiss Opens New First-Class Lounge In Zurich Terminal A
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On March 5, Swiss Airlines will open a new first-class lounge in Terminal A of Zurich Airport (ZRH).
The new lounge layout echoes the design aesthetic of the carrier’s original first-class lounge in Zurich’s Terminal E, offering lounge suites, a lounge club with leather sofas, a business zone, a meeting room with a view of the airport apron, a relaxation room with two loungers and a smokers’ lounge with its own outside section and a choice of fine whiskies. Bright, oiled-oak parquet floors, Jura limestone walls and elegant furnishings by Swiss designers enhance the exclusive vibe.
Accessible by escalator from the terminal’s departure concourse, the 6,997 square-foot SWISS First Lounge A will be open every day from 5:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. State-of-the-art facilities offer guests a one-stop experience where they can check their luggage directly at the welcome desk and pass through the lounge’s dedicated security checkpoint. Winter travelers can even check their coats in complimentary locked cubbies.
Once guests enter the lounge, the extensive barista bar offers a variety of specialty coffees, and travelers can choose from more than 100 Swiss grappas and other fruit brandies. The lounge also offers two dining options for discerning diners. An à la carte restaurant and a made-to-order station give travelers the option of selecting from a menu or choosing their own taste.
When it’s time to depart, passengers headed out to farther destinations will be taken directly by limousine from Lounge A to the original lounge in Terminal E, which is the departure point for longhaul flights.
This summer, SWISS will also introduce an exclusive new chauffeur service in Zurich for inbound first-class passengers arriving in Terminals E and B or at a remote aircraft stand. The service will collect guests directly at the aircraft door and bring them to the relevant passport or security control in Terminal A or B.
The lounge will be accessible to SWISS first-class passengers, as well as HON Circle members of the Lufthansa Group. Unfortunately, SWISS – the premium brand of the Lufthansa Group – does not offer first-class award seats available to partner airlines, so the only way to access this exclusive facility will be through paid fares.
Featured image by J, Keith van Straaten
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees