Swiss Opens New First-Class Lounge In Zurich Terminal A
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On March 5, Swiss Airlines will open a new first-class lounge in Terminal A of Zurich Airport (ZRH).
The new lounge layout echoes the design aesthetic of the carrier’s original first-class lounge in Zurich’s Terminal E, offering lounge suites, a lounge club with leather sofas, a business zone, a meeting room with a view of the airport apron, a relaxation room with two loungers and a smokers’ lounge with its own outside section and a choice of fine whiskies. Bright, oiled-oak parquet floors, Jura limestone walls and elegant furnishings by Swiss designers enhance the exclusive vibe.
Accessible by escalator from the terminal’s departure concourse, the 6,997 square-foot SWISS First Lounge A will be open every day from 5:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. State-of-the-art facilities offer guests a one-stop experience where they can check their luggage directly at the welcome desk and pass through the lounge’s dedicated security checkpoint. Winter travelers can even check their coats in complimentary locked cubbies.
Once guests enter the lounge, the extensive barista bar offers a variety of specialty coffees, and travelers can choose from more than 100 Swiss grappas and other fruit brandies. The lounge also offers two dining options for discerning diners. An à la carte restaurant and a made-to-order station give travelers the option of selecting from a menu or choosing their own taste.
When it’s time to depart, passengers headed out to farther destinations will be taken directly by limousine from Lounge A to the original lounge in Terminal E, which is the departure point for longhaul flights.
This summer, SWISS will also introduce an exclusive new chauffeur service in Zurich for inbound first-class passengers arriving in Terminals E and B or at a remote aircraft stand. The service will collect guests directly at the aircraft door and bring them to the relevant passport or security control in Terminal A or B.
The lounge will be accessible to SWISS first-class passengers, as well as HON Circle members of the Lufthansa Group. Unfortunately, SWISS – the premium brand of the Lufthansa Group – does not offer first-class award seats available to partner airlines, so the only way to access this exclusive facility will be through paid fares.
Featured image by J, Keith van Straaten
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.