TPG’s Credit Cards, A Terrible Week for Pets Traveling on United, World’s Happiest Country and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed this week.
Take a look at TPG’s credit cards and just exactly how many points and miles he’s racked up.
A flight attendant on a United flight forced a passenger to stow her dog in the overhead bin causing the dog to suffocate. There’s been a huge outcry around the country and travelers are wondering why the passenger was forced to stow her pet away.
After the preventable death of a dog on a United flight, TPG compiled a list of ways to keep your pet safe on board.
According to the World Happiness Report, Finland is the world’s happiest country. Check out which other countries ranked in the top ten.
It’s been a rough week for United passengers’ pets. After the horrific story of a pet dying in an overhead bin, the airline accidentally flew a Kansas family’s dog to Japan.
On Sunday evening, a helicopter crashed into the East River in New York City. The pilot survived, but the five passengers were killed in the accident.
US-Bangla Airlines Flight 211 was traveling from Dhaka, Bangladesh (DAC) to Kathmandu (KTM) when it crashed as it was preparing for landing. At least 38 were confirmed dead.
In other news…
Choice Privileges Is Offering A 30% Discount On Purchased Points
The bonus is tiered so that you can get a bigger bonus with more points purchased. The offer is valid through April 19, 2018.
JetBlue Wants to Give the Biggest Winter Hater a Free Flight Somewhere Warm
JetBlue is challenging residents of Boston and San Diego to “flip the forecast” with an Instagram contest to win two round-trip tickets to win a free vacation. The airline tested out this experience with a unique pop-up in both cities.
First Hilton Killed Award Charts, Now They’re Doubling/Sextupling Some Award Prices Without Notice
View From the Wing reached out to Hilton about their policy changes. Take a look here to read what the hotel-chain said about discretely changing their award prices.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees