Royal Wedding: Public Now Allowed Inside Windsor Castle Grounds
The guest list for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s royal wedding just opened up to the public…sort of.
The royal duo announced today that 2,640 members of the general public would be invited inside the grounds at Windsor Castle to see them and their famous guests arrive and depart the May 19 ceremony.
According to the statement from Kensington Palace, the royal couple wants their “wedding day to be shaped so as to allow members of the public to feel part of the celebrations, too.”
Unfortunately, you must be a UK citizen to score an invite. And even then, Kensington Palace says there will be a formula for finding the nearly 3,000 invitees:
“1,200 members of the public from every corner of the United Kingdom will be nominated to attend by nine regional Lord Lieutenant offices. The couple has asked that people are chosen from a broad range of backgrounds and ages, including young people who have shown strong leadership and those who have served their communities.”
“200 people from a range of charities and organisations which Prince Harry and Ms. Markle have a close association with, including those which Prince Harry serves as Patron.”
“100 pupils from two local schools: The Royal School, Great Park, Windsor and St. George’s School, Windsor Castle — both of which have a strong affiliation with the Windsor Castle community.”
“610 Windsor Castle community members, including residents of Windsor Castle and members of the St. George’s Chapel community.”
“530 members of The Royal Households and Crown Estate.”
So, if you’re planning a trip to Windsor for the spring nuptials, chances are you will still be outside the walls of the castle grounds hoping to catch a distant glimpse of the royal couple.
Featured image by Karwai Tang/WireImage
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.