Royal Wedding: Public Now Allowed Inside Windsor Castle Grounds
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The guest list for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s royal wedding just opened up to the public…sort of.
The royal duo announced today that 2,640 members of the general public would be invited inside the grounds at Windsor Castle to see them and their famous guests arrive and depart the May 19 ceremony.
According to the statement from Kensington Palace, the royal couple wants their “wedding day to be shaped so as to allow members of the public to feel part of the celebrations, too.”
Unfortunately, you must be a UK citizen to score an invite. And even then, Kensington Palace says there will be a formula for finding the nearly 3,000 invitees:
“1,200 members of the public from every corner of the United Kingdom will be nominated to attend by nine regional Lord Lieutenant offices. The couple has asked that people are chosen from a broad range of backgrounds and ages, including young people who have shown strong leadership and those who have served their communities.”
“200 people from a range of charities and organisations which Prince Harry and Ms. Markle have a close association with, including those which Prince Harry serves as Patron.”
“100 pupils from two local schools: The Royal School, Great Park, Windsor and St. George’s School, Windsor Castle — both of which have a strong affiliation with the Windsor Castle community.”
“610 Windsor Castle community members, including residents of Windsor Castle and members of the St. George’s Chapel community.”
“530 members of The Royal Households and Crown Estate.”
So, if you’re planning a trip to Windsor for the spring nuptials, chances are you will still be outside the walls of the castle grounds hoping to catch a distant glimpse of the royal couple.
Featured image by Karwai Tang/WireImage
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees