This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A man who was kicked off his American Airlines flight on Monday, February 26, refused to leave without a fight…or his clothes. The man, who was a passenger on AA5466 bound for Cincinnati (CVG) from Charlotte (CLT), was reportedly ejected from the flight for erratic behavior. One passenger on the flight recorded a video of the man running around on the apron near the terminal of his American Airlines flight.
As the man was being ejected from the flight, police said he ran down the plane’s access stairs and onto the ramp area, The Charlotte Observer reports. Once on the ground, a video shows the man stripping away his clothes: First his shirt, and then he began to remove his belt and unbutton his pants. Moments after making it to the ramp area, he’s seen being chased by ground crew. A man who appears to be wearing a pilot’s uniform is also seen on the ground walking toward the shirtless man.
Police confirmed that the man was restrained by paramedics. When police arrived, he was being held down by the team of emergency responders.
In the background of the video, a passenger on board is heard claiming that the man was drunk. The flight was set to take off at 1:29 p.m. EST but was delayed 40 minutes due to the incident. In the video, you can clearly see the man punching and becoming physically aggressive with the ground crew. Other reports claim the man picked up a traffic baton from one of the ground crewmen and attempted to strike several people with it.
The man was taken into custody by police and taken to a local hospital for a mental health evaluation. No charges have been filed, according to WSOCTV.com.
Featured image by Antar Gholar via YouTube
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees