This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A man who was kicked off his American Airlines flight on Monday, February 26, refused to leave without a fight…or his clothes. The man, who was a passenger on AA5466 bound for Cincinnati (CVG) from Charlotte (CLT), was reportedly ejected from the flight for erratic behavior. One passenger on the flight recorded a video of the man running around on the apron near the terminal of his American Airlines flight.
As the man was being ejected from the flight, police said he ran down the plane’s access stairs and onto the ramp area, The Charlotte Observer reports. Once on the ground, a video shows the man stripping away his clothes: First his shirt, and then he began to remove his belt and unbutton his pants. Moments after making it to the ramp area, he’s seen being chased by ground crew. A man who appears to be wearing a pilot’s uniform is also seen on the ground walking toward the shirtless man.
Police confirmed that the man was restrained by paramedics. When police arrived, he was being held down by the team of emergency responders.
In the background of the video, a passenger on board is heard claiming that the man was drunk. The flight was set to take off at 1:29 p.m. EST but was delayed 40 minutes due to the incident. In the video, you can clearly see the man punching and becoming physically aggressive with the ground crew. Other reports claim the man picked up a traffic baton from one of the ground crewmen and attempted to strike several people with it.
The man was taken into custody by police and taken to a local hospital for a mental health evaluation. No charges have been filed, according to WSOCTV.com.
Featured image by Antar Gholar via YouTube
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that