This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A man who was kicked off his American Airlines flight on Monday, February 26, refused to leave without a fight…or his clothes. The man, who was a passenger on AA5466 bound for Cincinnati (CVG) from Charlotte (CLT), was reportedly ejected from the flight for erratic behavior. One passenger on the flight recorded a video of the man running around on the apron near the terminal of his American Airlines flight.
As the man was being ejected from the flight, police said he ran down the plane’s access stairs and onto the ramp area, The Charlotte Observer reports. Once on the ground, a video shows the man stripping away his clothes: First his shirt, and then he began to remove his belt and unbutton his pants. Moments after making it to the ramp area, he’s seen being chased by ground crew. A man who appears to be wearing a pilot’s uniform is also seen on the ground walking toward the shirtless man.
Police confirmed that the man was restrained by paramedics. When police arrived, he was being held down by the team of emergency responders.
In the background of the video, a passenger on board is heard claiming that the man was drunk. The flight was set to take off at 1:29 p.m. EST but was delayed 40 minutes due to the incident. In the video, you can clearly see the man punching and becoming physically aggressive with the ground crew. Other reports claim the man picked up a traffic baton from one of the ground crewmen and attempted to strike several people with it.
The man was taken into custody by police and taken to a local hospital for a mental health evaluation. No charges have been filed, according to WSOCTV.com.
Featured image by Antar Gholar via YouTube
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees