Man Ejected from Flight Strips Down, Punches Ground Crew
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A man who was kicked off his American Airlines flight on Monday, February 26, refused to leave without a fight…or his clothes. The man, who was a passenger on AA5466 bound for Cincinnati (CVG) from Charlotte (CLT), was reportedly ejected from the flight for erratic behavior. One passenger on the flight recorded a video of the man running around on the apron near the terminal of his American Airlines flight.
As the man was being ejected from the flight, police said he ran down the plane’s access stairs and onto the ramp area, The Charlotte Observer reports. Once on the ground, a video shows the man stripping away his clothes: First his shirt, and then he began to remove his belt and unbutton his pants. Moments after making it to the ramp area, he’s seen being chased by ground crew. A man who appears to be wearing a pilot’s uniform is also seen on the ground walking toward the shirtless man.
Police confirmed that the man was restrained by paramedics. When police arrived, he was being held down by the team of emergency responders.
In the background of the video, a passenger on board is heard claiming that the man was drunk. The flight was set to take off at 1:29 p.m. EST but was delayed 40 minutes due to the incident. In the video, you can clearly see the man punching and becoming physically aggressive with the ground crew. Other reports claim the man picked up a traffic baton from one of the ground crewmen and attempted to strike several people with it.
The man was taken into custody by police and taken to a local hospital for a mental health evaluation. No charges have been filed, according to WSOCTV.com.
Featured image by Antar Gholar via YouTube
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees