This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A man who was kicked off his American Airlines flight on Monday, February 26, refused to leave without a fight…or his clothes. The man, who was a passenger on AA5466 bound for Cincinnati (CVG) from Charlotte (CLT), was reportedly ejected from the flight for erratic behavior. One passenger on the flight recorded a video of the man running around on the apron near the terminal of his American Airlines flight.
As the man was being ejected from the flight, police said he ran down the plane’s access stairs and onto the ramp area, The Charlotte Observer reports. Once on the ground, a video shows the man stripping away his clothes: First his shirt, and then he began to remove his belt and unbutton his pants. Moments after making it to the ramp area, he’s seen being chased by ground crew. A man who appears to be wearing a pilot’s uniform is also seen on the ground walking toward the shirtless man.
Police confirmed that the man was restrained by paramedics. When police arrived, he was being held down by the team of emergency responders.
In the background of the video, a passenger on board is heard claiming that the man was drunk. The flight was set to take off at 1:29 p.m. EST but was delayed 40 minutes due to the incident. In the video, you can clearly see the man punching and becoming physically aggressive with the ground crew. Other reports claim the man picked up a traffic baton from one of the ground crewmen and attempted to strike several people with it.
The man was taken into custody by police and taken to a local hospital for a mental health evaluation. No charges have been filed, according to WSOCTV.com.
Featured image by Antar Gholar via YouTube
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees