This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An American Airlines flight departing from Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) on Wednesday, January 31, experienced a disturbance onboard as the plane began its descent into Charlotte, NC. A passenger onboard, who was seated in the rear of the plane, reportedly charged towards the cockpit from her seat and attacked three airline crew members during the flight after being restrained.
Charlene Sarieann Harriott, 36, was arrested after landing in Charlotte. The crew was seated and preparing for descent when Harriott jumped out of her seat and ran down the aisle. Flight attendants ordered Harriott to go back to her seat. She ignored the crew’s instructions and the flight attendants were forced to chase her down the aisle.
After the crew got hold of Harriott, they restrained her with duct tape and zip ties in the first-class cabin. But that only stopped Harriott briefly — she then became extremely aggressive and “physically violent toward the flight crew,” according to The Charlotte Observer. Harriott bit one of the flight attendants on the arm causing bleeding. She kicked another flight attendant in the leg and abdomen and hit a third crew member. All three were taken to the onsite American Airlines clinic for treatment after disembarking.
The FBI has charged Harriott with three counts of assault and battery for interfering with the flight crew. She is being held in jail in Charlotte. According to The Observer, a federal judge ordered her to remain in custody until a detention hearing next week.
Featured image by John Gress / Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees