Lyft Testing ‘All-Access’ Ride Pass Program
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lyft is sending out emails to users inviting them to beta-test a new “All-Access Plan” that would provide unlimited rides for a flat monthly or weekly fee.
TPG reader Kyle K. shared his invite to the program. After paying $49 a week, he’d get seven Lyft rides (up to $15) each week.
Essentially he’d be paying $49 for $105 worth of Lyft credit. We’ve seen reports of different offers, too, one where a user would pay $250 a month and receive 30 free rides (up to $15 a month). That’s $250 for $450 in rides.
To come out ahead on the $49 plan, each ride would have to average $7 or more. With the $250 plan each ride would need to average $8.33 or more.
Check your email or click here to see if you’re targeted for the program. Once logging in, the page will show the details of the plan. The weekly plan FAQ section stated that it works anywhere in the US that Lyft operates but only on standard Lyft rides (so no Lyft Line). If your ride is more than $15, you’ll be charged the difference for anything above that. You’ll have seven days to take up to seven rides, and your plan will auto-renew every week. Unused rides will not carry over to the next period.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.