This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue and ride-sharing service Lyft have a unique partnership that rewards you just for using Lyft on your trips to and from the airport. Once you’ve connected your JetBlue and Lyft accounts, you’ll earn 30 TrueBlue points for each Lyft ride to or from an airport where the ride-share service operates. You can earn a maximum of 1,200 TrueBlue points per year — or 40 rides.
To link your accounts, visit this Lyft page and click the “Already use Lyft?” option at the bottom right corner to log in. Enter the necessary information and you’ll have the option to “Connect” your Lyft and JetBlue TrueBlue accounts. Enter your TrueBlue account number and personal info and you’re all set.
Note that TrueBlue points can only be earned on Lyft, Lyft Premier or Lyft Plus rides — Lyft Line rides are not eligible.
If you don’t yet have a Lyft account, you can sign up through the same Lyft and JetBlue page to get either $15 off your first ride or 750 bonus TrueBlue points after your first Lyft ride. If you choose the 750 bonus points option, they won’t count toward the annual 1,200-point maximum.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the maximum 1,200 bonus TrueBlue points you can get per year are worth $15.60. If you add in the 750 points from your first ride, the maximum increases to 1,950 — worth $25.35. It may not be a ton of extra value, but it’s an extremely easy way to pick up some bonus TrueBlue points just for linking accounts and using Lyft to take you to or from the airport.
Featured image by Kelly Sullivan / Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards