Iberia Details the Configuration and Routes for Its New A350
Iberia has announced the configurations and routes for its new A350 aircraft, as the Spanish carrier prepares for its first delivery of 16 aircraft it ordered several years ago to update its long-haul fleet.
Iberia will configure its A350 with 31 business class seats, 24 premium economy seats, and 293 economy seats. The seat map is showing that business class will feature a staggered 1-2-1 configuration, similar to its other business-class configurations — and a great option for travelers, as every seat has direct aisle access. As for the other cabins, premium economy will feature a 2-4-2 configuration, while economy will be arranged in a 3-3-3 configuration.
The first route to feature the new A350 will be from the carrier’s base in Madrid (MAD) to London Heathrow (LHR) from July 20 to August 18, 2018, (except August 4 – August 16, 2018). The aircraft will operate on the following schedule:
- IB3166 Madrid (MAD) 3:55pm Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 5:20pm Arrival
Following the launch on the short-haul between MAD and LHR, Iberia will operate the first long-haul route for the aircraft will on its daily route between MAD and New York (JFK) as of August 8, 2018, before adding a second daily frequency starting September 1, 2018. The aircraft will operate on the following schedule:
- IB6251 Madrid (MAD) 12:10pm Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 2:20pm Arrival
- IB6250 New York (JFK) 5:15pm Departure ⇒ Madrid (MAD) 6:30am (+1) Arrival
… and the second daily frequency will operate on the following schedule:
- IB 6253 Madrid (MAD) 4:10pm Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 6:30pm Arrival
- IB6252 New York (JFK) 8:50pm Departure ⇒ Madrid (MAD) 10:05am (+1) Arrival
There seems to be plenty of award space on the MAD-LHR route throughout the near-month that it will operate on the route. While not as plentiful, there also seems to be decent availability on the MAD-JFK route when searching through American.
The carrier will likely begin phasing out its older A330 and A340 long-haul aircraft for the newer and more fuel-efficient A350.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.