Iberia Details the Configuration and Routes for Its New A350
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Iberia has announced the configurations and routes for its new A350 aircraft, as the Spanish carrier prepares for its first delivery of 16 aircraft it ordered several years ago to update its long-haul fleet.
Iberia will configure its A350 with 31 business class seats, 24 premium economy seats, and 293 economy seats. The seat map is showing that business class will feature a staggered 1-2-1 configuration, similar to its other business-class configurations — and a great option for travelers, as every seat has direct aisle access. As for the other cabins, premium economy will feature a 2-4-2 configuration, while economy will be arranged in a 3-3-3 configuration.
The first route to feature the new A350 will be from the carrier’s base in Madrid (MAD) to London Heathrow (LHR) from July 20 to August 18, 2018, (except August 4 – August 16, 2018). The aircraft will operate on the following schedule:
- IB3166 Madrid (MAD) 3:55pm Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 5:20pm Arrival
Following the launch on the short-haul between MAD and LHR, Iberia will operate the first long-haul route for the aircraft will on its daily route between MAD and New York (JFK) as of August 8, 2018, before adding a second daily frequency starting September 1, 2018. The aircraft will operate on the following schedule:
- IB6251 Madrid (MAD) 12:10pm Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 2:20pm Arrival
- IB6250 New York (JFK) 5:15pm Departure ⇒ Madrid (MAD) 6:30am (+1) Arrival
… and the second daily frequency will operate on the following schedule:
- IB 6253 Madrid (MAD) 4:10pm Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 6:30pm Arrival
- IB6252 New York (JFK) 8:50pm Departure ⇒ Madrid (MAD) 10:05am (+1) Arrival
There seems to be plenty of award space on the MAD-LHR route throughout the near-month that it will operate on the route. While not as plentiful, there also seems to be decent availability on the MAD-JFK route when searching through American.
The carrier will likely begin phasing out its older A330 and A340 long-haul aircraft for the newer and more fuel-efficient A350.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees