Chaotic Fight Breaks Out on Southwest Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Things turned physical on a Southwest flight on Friday when one passenger started throwing violent punches at several other fliers.
A video posted to Snapchat shows one passenger in a grey hoodie lunging and punching at another man who is standing underneath the plane’s overhead bin. That man then falls into his seat after the punch. A man in a neck pillow tries to stand up and intervene, only to be punched several times as well. The man throwing punches is restrained in a choke hold by another passenger at the end of the video.
The flight, which was from Dallas Love Field (DAL) to Los Angeles (LAX), was delayed due to the chaotic scuffle.
“On March 2, Southwest Airlines flight #8 scheduled Dallas Love to Los Angeles was delayed departing due to an altercation between two passengers,” Southwest told The Daily Mail in a statement. “The passengers involved were deplaned and local law enforcement took over from there. The safety and comfort of our Employees and passengers is our top priority.’
The altercation was reportedly over a missed flight connection, the passenger who took the video told The Daily Mail.
Dallas authorities say one person was detained after the incident, according to The Washington Post, but didn’t give any other details.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.