This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To commemorate reaching 1 million followers on Facebook, Atlantis, The Palm in Dubai is rewarding their followers with the launch of the world’s first social-media themed hotel suite on March 18.
The five-star Dubai hotel and resort is offering its Facebook followers a chance to win a free one night’s stay in the Atlantis Fan Suite with bookings being taken every day until December 2018.
The new ‘Atlantis Fan Suite’ will incorporate Facebook capabilities and functions into almost every aspect of the room. Instead of the traditional key card, guests that check in will be required to unlock room with their Facebook login. For room services, guest can access a personal butler by using a real-life Facebook ‘Poke button’. The room itself features a digital social media mirror, which doubles as a Facebook feed and message board. And, as you probably guessed, the furniture and amenities, from the couches to bath soaps, are all customized to depict social media slogans.
To top it off, the complimentary stay also includes VIP amenities and Atlantis Imperial Club benefits such as Imperial Club lounge access, personal concierge service in addition to unlimited complimentary access to Aquaventure Waterpark Dubai and The Lost Chambers Aquarium.
Atlantis, The Palm is known for its breathtaking views and iconic destination. The Dubai hotel resort receives about 2,500 posts tagging the resort every week and 147,762 uses of the hashtag #AtlantisThePalm every year, according to SVP, Sales, Marketing and PR Ravini Perera.
“It has been such an achievement to reach the one million fan mark on Facebook, and we felt now was the time to give back and say thank you to all of our fans for their continuous support and for sharing their content with us over the years,” Perera said in a statement.
Featured Image by Slava296/ Getty Images
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees